Home Pipes

Noob Reviews

2»

Comments

• Smoug420Smoug420 Posts: 61

I've still got 9-10 more to go but i'll let these sit for a couple of days and then add some more. Well off to see what you guys have been talking about.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty impressive to put all of those together in under twenty minutes.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're all cut and pasted from other forums to put us on blast and spam this site.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    They're all cut and pasted from other forums to put us on blast and spam this site.

Yeah that’s why i started flagging them.

edited August 2022

@Rdp77 said:

@Yakster said:

Yeah that’s why i started flagging them.

They are from my SPEZ account smoughnuts... you know smoug420, aka Beautiful-Ad756 on reddit.
    As far as spam thats why i made a discussion called noob reviews as to not flood the forms.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smoug420

Read the room. Stop.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may say that your intentions are good, and are merely wanting to dispense information that might help pipe smokers make better decisions. Of that, I/we are suspicious, and your actions are dubious and self-promoting. This forum is a community, a close-knit brotherhood, where we interact as friends w/o considering how it might benefit us as individuals. I suspect you do not follow that same model.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Well, I wondered. You see, Smoug, most of us here pretty much know what we like, and try what we want. Our "reviews" are usually simply the opinions of other forum members. Someone mentions smoking some Habana Daydream, for example, and someone who hasn't had it asks "what's it like" and gets a response like "nice, mellow, some cigar leaf in it", or gets a "Wow, what's this in my mailbox?" moment.

You'll almost never hear us saying things like "Starts with a hit of newly mown alfalfa with cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles..." or anything of that nature.

With that said, if you're telling us about your experience, well, we're willing to listen, or at least many of us are, but if you're just going to parrot something you read somewhere you're not going to get far with this crowd.

Just something to think about.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@peter4jc said:
    You may say that your intentions are good, and are merely wanting to dispense information that might help pipe smokers make better decisions. Of that, I/we are suspicious, and your actions are dubious and self-promoting. This forum is a community, a close-knit brotherhood, where we interact as friends w/o considering how it might benefit us as individuals. I suspect you do not follow that same model.

not sure how me posting my tasting notes on here contained within a discussion specifically made for me to do so is dubious so I'm going to assume everyone is taking the piss.

edited August 2022

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Well, I wondered. You see, Smoug, most of us here pretty much know what we like, and try what we want. Our "reviews" are usually simply the opinions of other forum members. Someone mentions smoking some Habana Daydream, for example, and someone who hasn't had it asks "what's it like" and gets a response like "nice, mellow, some cigar leaf in it", or gets a "Wow, what's this in my mailbox?" moment.

You'll almost never hear us saying things like "Starts with a hit of newly mown alfalfa with cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles..." or anything of that nature.

With that said, if you're telling us about your experience, well, we're willing to listen, or at least many of us are, but if you're just going to parrot something you read somewhere you're not going to get far with this crowd.

Just something to think about.

as always i apricate your feedback. I don't parrot anything from anyone else. If i don't taste or smell it, I don't write it down simple as. My reviews follow a simple format:
    Smell
    First light
    Smell of the smoke/side stream
    Any changes I get in the 1/3, 2/3, 3/3
    Did it burn cool?, How fast did it burn?, How fine is the ash?, Did it leave goop or moisture in the stem or bowl?
    Then my comments on the blend

As for flavors I taste everyone's taste is different. The flavors i pick up the most are bread, hay/grass, earthy, smokey, sweet, incense witch I tend to find in strong latakia blends, pepper, citrus and it can be sweet or tart, stone fruit which is a plumy, cherry, or apricot flavor, raisin, musk, and sour.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

You just be you. ;)

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.