Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidor help

VoodooonyooVoodooonyoo Posts: 2

Hola bros! I got these sweet humidor today and I wiped it down with water and I put a water dish in it and it's not 75 percent like it should be since it is only reading 50 or something so I need help and I read some stuff on here about humidor trouble but my situation is different because I have drawers on mine and it's sweet not like those cheap ones so those other situations don't apply to me so I'm asking please can someone tell me how to fix it I have a big order coming from cigar bid.com an I need to get it to 85 percent so thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boveda

• Options
    VoodooonyooVoodooonyoo Posts: 2

What 8w boveda Jesus asking for some step bi step 8nstructioj and no I shouldn't have to spend money I already spent money 9ny humidor and my cigars for jesus sake

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

DZR

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, two weeks to properly season a humidor. Put the cigars in a Brilliance Tupperware with Bovedss or Ziploc with Bovedss while your waiting and don't wipe wood with water or it may swell and not fit.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

@IndustMech said:
    Frank

Yeah, the fúcker should have taken the little magnetic strip out. But it’s good to know he’s been sleeping on an account for two years lol

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@IndustMech said:
    Frank

Yeah, the fúcker should have taken the little magnetic strip out. But it’s good to know he’s been sleeping on an account for two years lol

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Didn't even bother to scrape off the 🖍 either.....FFH (Frank Fukcing Heinkel)

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soak it in your bathtub, that'll do the trick.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you guys talking about bro??

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably forgot to put the lime in the coconut, happens all the time.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    KenDKenD Posts: 6

HELP! Bought a Needone 43L 300 count humidor in July, but now I can't get the humidity down below 75%. I had 8 of the 60g 69% Boveda packs in there but was told that wasn't enough, so I added a 320g 69 Boveda pack a week ago. It's still holding at 75% humidity with all of those packs in there. Any suggestions?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigars make a difference and you didn’t mention them. How many cigars do you have in it? If it’s full of cigars I’d say let the cigars air out because They could be over humidified already. If you have none in there, fill it up and see if you get the humidity down. Also you could try 65% Bovedas in the future if need be.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your ambient humidity outside the humidor is > 69% then airing it out won't help. Are your Bovedas really plump from absorbing moisture, normal, or underinflated? You can weigh them on a gram scale to see if they're at rated capacity, they expand when they absorb moisture and contract when they release it.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

My house air is 78%rh at the moment, open the box and the air in the humi almost instantly jumps up and then that is what the hygrometer reads. Cigars are fine. Could that be part of your observation?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I forgot. My default is assuming the house is always drier than the humidor.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KenD said:
    HELP! Bought a Needone 43L 300 count humidor in July, but now I can't get the humidity down below 75%. I had 8 of the 60g 69% Boveda packs in there but was told that wasn't enough, so I added a 320g 69 Boveda pack a week ago. It's still holding at 75% humidity with all of those packs in there. Any suggestions?

You were impatient with your humid or back in July and put a bunch of cups of water in it and soaking sponges and all other kinds of nonsense because it didn't instantly go to 72 the second you put the first boveda pack in it. Now you can't get all of that **** humidity out of the thing. You put a 69 in there and it didn't instantly go down to 69.

Slow down man! There are no shortcuts. If you want to season a humidor, it's 2 weeks. 14 days. Not 14 hours, not 14 minutes.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re going to start storing cigars, you have to first learn how to wait, and secondly, you’re going to learn to trust the almighty Boveda

• Options
    KenDKenD Posts: 6

First electric humidor. I have a couple of desk top models that are doing great with either Boveda packs or humistat tubes. This electric humidor was seasoned initially and afterwards it held faithfully at 70 or 72. For some reason it recently went to 75%humidity and now it won't go lower. Thanks Yakster. Weather changed here in Texas, so that may be why Im just now having this issue.