Home General Discussion

Pete Johnson Top 5

MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Title says it all, been on a Pete Johnson kick lately, what would you say are your top 5s?

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before we start this….how many of them are you familiar with?

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

La Riqueza is one of my favorites, the OG ones. Smoked my last one a while back, sad day. 😔

• MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 ive had maybe 15 in total, which is why I want to try more, and why I started this thread.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Top 5 core line available, or all time?

Well, the reason I asked is because a lot of them are no longer available. And it’s very hard to pick just five from an all time list in my opinion. But here goes.
    In no particular order…
    Boris
    L’Atelier special selection lance
    L’Atelier Côte d’Or
    Karlof
    T110 capa lonsdale

Maybe not all time because I would like to try them, but if you want to say top 5 available then follow up with your favorites that aren’t available any longer for the sake of conversation I won’t complain. Sometimes I like to read up on stuff that’s no longer available.

The Tat black is a great cigar in any size. Skinny monsters are still available and very good. T110’s are also great but you may have trouble finding any. The P series are really good budget friendly smokes and you can never go wrong with the brown or red label.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Five to try, I would recommend

Tat Black corona gorda
    Fausto (FT166 my favorite)
    Surrogates Tramp Stamp
    L’Atelier Identite Melange Special
    Havana VI

• VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not trying to be that guy...... none are bad. Try any and all you can get your hands on. I like all his stuff 52 ring and smaller.

• Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d agree @Vision i haven’t had one that wasn’t good whether it was an $8 or $65 stick.

@MrPossum i also agree with what Pete said. You may want to search some sites that offer samplers. Out of all the different ones I’ve had over the years there’s only one I don’t care for….and no I won’t tell you because you may love it otherwise lol. There are a couple sites that offer samplers you can get and Tatuaje also manufactures their own samplers.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Motherload. 'Nuff said.

Samplers are a good start, except that you'll have one cigar in a blend and we've seen how a cigar can be great or sucky in one sitting and then sucky or great in the next. That makes me think some 5'ers might work better.

The Tat line and sub-lines are too vast to pick only five; as everyone said, they're all worth trying and rarely disappoint and that tells me you'd be doing yourself a disservice to limit yourself to our recommendations.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

I’ve had the samplers through here, I’ll search around and see if I can find some more. Thank you for the input brothers.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Tat Wh*re was the best cigar hes ever made. Supposedly a 2nd round will be released in the future. Drinking Age was also great. I really love the Karloff and the Bride. I think the monsters in general are really good as a whole. The core line stuff is really good and has a wide variety for different smokers.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I should also add the Cojuno lines. I love all of them but the 2009 is my favorite.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter