Home General Discussion

Plume or mold...

I know this is a weird topic and always think its mold but hear me out.
The only 2 sticks across 2 separate humidors that have this silver coating are my aging rooms. It doesnt wipe off, it doesnt have high spots or spores and it isnt mold like. Am I hopeful in thinking it is actually plume. The alec is for reference

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still mold, but I'd just smoke those 2 next, the mold only tastes bad once it gets inside the middle of the cigar. You'll probably want to pick out the cigars those cigars were next to and smoke those afterwards.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so you know…plume will wipe off too. But it’s mold

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mold will wipe easily. Plume will look like crystals on the wrapper. Mold will web. From what I see I don't see Mold. The other guys are amateurs. Keep your sticks In cellophane and it will prevent a lot of mold.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just throw them away

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Do you have a non plume/mold aging room? Would be interested to see the difference.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those aging rooms are too new to have developed plume already. Mold. Remove the wrappers and smoke them if the binder looks good.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.