Home General Discussion
Options

William Ventura (DR) factory burns down

TomCTomC Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

This sucks. 800,000 cigars lost. Thankfully no one injured.

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that is a tragedy. Not just cigars lost, but possibly jobs as well...at least for a time.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

What gets made there? Anyone know?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Room 101 and a lot for Caldwell. I’m not sure what else.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Room 101, Caldwell, and La Barba are made there, among others. Well, that sucks. I hope no one was hurt.

Since it was the DR I feared yet another catastrophe for A. Fuente. I want some Opus, dammit!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't these the guys that just broke away from Crowned Heads

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Wasn't these the guys that just broke away from Crowned Heads

No…that was Tabacalera Pichardo/Ace Prime

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the Light Em Up Lounge Zoom call with Jon Huber today he mentioned that they will continue to work with Eradio Pichardo to make cigars, that Ace Prime never made cigars for Crowned Heads. There should be some sort of official announcement made in the coming weeks.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )