Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Minato-esque reviews

Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know, you know.

Tonight I smoked a NLMTHA from Steve Saka. Pre light the cigar was a little thin in the hand and felt under humidified. Initial light was easy…maybe a little too easy.
Right up front I’m blasted with flavors of saddle leather and unripe pecans. A subtle undertone of cinnamon bun icing ( not the homemade kind…the cheap out of a can stuff) brings a nice sweetness.
The second third brings about notes of overly dried prunes and burning pine needles. The sweetness has gone away and is replaced with a whisp of white seedless grapes that have been left in the refrigerator too long. Burn and construction have been above par.
The final third brings about a transition back to leather but this time more of a black leather like on a riding jacket. A slight hint of Hungarian paprika mixed with Mexican oregano and Vidalia onion becomes prevalent. Construction and burn are still above par however the cigar did burn my fingers which definitely lowers the quality of the experience.
Final score : 78

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work, Rusty. Keep it up!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

How often do you smoke leather riding jackets?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

A career is born!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    You could get together with the Real Man in North Las Vegas and that cool guy from Scotch & Smoke. It would be dynamic!

You might be on to something 🤔

• Options

Makes me wanna smoke it!

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like the fella writing for Cfed has some competition

• Options

Tonight’s smoke was the Inch Nicaragua from EPC.
    It is a 5”x 62 cigar with an appearance that would make some men envious.
    Pre light the cigar looks very veiny ( no pun intended) yet has a smooth feel to it.
    Initial light brings about enormous amounts of smoke that cover the palate with earthy notes of moss on a foggy spring morning followed by a light sweet citrus note like that in a lemon chess pie. There is also a very subtle undertone of a spice I can’t quite place…but it’s definitely not pepper.
    The second third brings about some nutty notes reminiscent of chestnuts that have been roasted on an open fire. The construction and burn have been nearly flawless up to this point. That slight hint of spice comes back…it’s turmeric….definitely turmeric.
    The final third brings about a build in strength. With it comes some nice notes of leather that has been treated with mink oil. Some notes of freshly baked baguette and more spice…but not pepper…definitely coriander with a touch more of turmeric.
    Even with the ginormous ring gauge it was an enjoyable smoke.
    Final score: 90

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm team Frank, white pepper and lemon curd until it pooped out on the final third.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited November 2022

@Vision said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Tonight’s smoke was the Inch Nicaragua from EPC.
    It is a 5”x 62 cigar with an appearance that would make some men envious.
    Pre light the cigar looks very veiny ( no pun intended) yet has a smooth feel to it.
    Initial light brings about enormous amounts of smoke that cover the palate with earthy notes of moss on a foggy spring morning followed by a light sweet citrus note like that in a lemon chess pie. There is also a very subtle undertone of a spice I can’t quite place…but it’s definitely not pepper.
    The second third brings about some nutty notes reminiscent of chestnuts that have been roasted on an open fire. The construction and burn have been nearly flawless up to this point. That slight hint of spice comes back…it’s turmeric….definitely turmeric.
    The final third brings about a build in strength. With it comes some nice notes of leather that has been treated with mink oil. Some notes of freshly baked baguette and more spice…but not pepper…definitely coriander with a touch more of turmeric.
    Even with the ginormous ring gauge it was an enjoyable smoke.
    Final score: 90

I'm shocked it didn't finish with an explosion of cream

Maybe a touch of wàng??

Wow…w a n g was censored lol

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was not Charlie Minato, someone asked in the comments