Home Cigar 101

Humidor Build

KKNISKERNKKNISKERN Posts: 6

So I took up furniture building during COVID and decided that I needed a nice corner wall mount humidor for my office.

Custom Cedar cabinet with air tight sealed door (wood on wood) with AC infinity fans and controller keeping the air circulating. Cigar Oasis humidifiers in lower chamber with fans blowing from bottom through the channel in the back to the top.

Custom LED lighting and a cabinet light all wired through smart plugs so Siri can turn the lights on and off.

So far she's stayed right on 71 with the humidifier and some beads in the lower chamber.

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. Welcome to the forum. I see a nice Nikon in the corner. Did you also make the bottom (dog?) cabinet also?

• KenDKenD Posts: 6

Really nice.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great. Really nice job. I just hope the smell from that cedar isn’t overwhelming.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work, I got kinda sidetracked looking around your shop but I am a bit of a tool fool. Hope your project is all you envisioned.

A little dirt never hurt
  • KKNISKERNKKNISKERN Posts: 6

@silvermouse yes, I made the dog crate as well. Had a large rectangle wire crate in here, but really wanted to use the space better so we went with a corner piece. And yes, thats the tool of another trade. Photography on the side.

@dirtdude thanks. The shop has grown since then. but it was a mess in those shots for sure. As to all I envisioned... I have already made a revision, and removed the face and drawers to make more room for boxes. I suppose the reason you dont see so many corner humidors is that the square footage isnt ideal for boxes or trays. But it sure fits better in my room than the previous rectangle unit I built. If I was starting over now, I would go for 4 feet tall instead of 3 feet to add another shelf, but the rest would probably be pretty much the same. My favorite part of the build is that vacuum feeling when you pull the door open and feel the air suck in around the opening, or the poof of air when you close the door and feel that seal kick in.

@silvermouse was in cape cod a few months ago. love that place. Grew up going as a kid, and took my boys through when we had a family funeral in upstate NY so they could experience it too. had a blast striper fishing and running out into the low tide at sunset. beautiful place.

@KKNISKERN said:
    @silvermouse was in cape cod a few months ago. love that place. Grew up going as a kid, and took my boys through when we had a family funeral in upstate NY so they could experience it too. had a blast striper fishing and running out into the low tide at sunset. beautiful place.

@KKNISKERN said:
    @dirtdude thanks. The shop has grown since then. but it was a mess in those shots for sure. As to all I envisioned... I have already made a revision, and removed the face and drawers to make more room for boxes. I suppose the reason you dont see so many corner humidors is that the square footage isnt ideal for boxes or trays. But it sure fits better in my room than the previous rectangle unit I built. If I was starting over now, I would go for 4 feet tall instead of 3 feet to add another shelf, but the rest would probably be pretty much the same. My favorite part of the build is that vacuum feeling when you pull the door open and feel the air suck in around the opening, or the poof of air when you close the door and feel that seal kick in.

Old Rectangle One:

Modifications to new design:

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Looks awesome My guy. But I do have a question. Is that red cedar? North American red cedar can leave a really nasty taste in your cigars.