Home General Discussion
Options

“Elite” Advantage Tier - Review

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

If anyone is curious if the “Elite” tier is worth it, here is my .02. I achieved “Elite” tier status back in Feb. So almost a year. So far this is what I have observed.
. The benefits should have included the following:

$50 Gift Card- this was nice

Special Birthday Offer- 20% off any order - very nice

Earn extra points on specific purchases. - Not sure which products were selected for extra points, seemed that everything i ordered was normal point rated.

Free 3-Day Shipping on all orders!- This used to be a standard practice via ccom, they also used to include water pillows with the order to keep them humidified during shipment. This is something I’d like to see brought back.

Secure new releases before anyone else- Not sure if I missed something here, but I was never contacted about any upcoming releases that were exclusive to Elite Adv. members only.

Exclusive Offers

Account Manager
Personalized customer service to meet your cigar needs- Never heard from an acc mgr except with random marketing emails. When I finally emailed about an order, I found out he quit and I never got a replacement. Completely worthless imo. This is just another option that Ccom used to provide for free and was actually much better. Tbh, it was the reason I was loyal to Ccom for so many years. Having a true dedicated rep for myself would’ve made a **** ton of $$$ for Ccom. It’s very disappointing. I don’t like calling and I don’t like having to search the website (or any website really) I’d much rather shoot an email or txt to a rep and say I need a box of XYZ, and know I will have it in couple of days. My emails were never answered until couple months ago when I found out the dude quit… :s

In short, some of the options are nice, but def not worth spending $1000+ to achieve. There are much better reward based consumer programs out there with much better customer service. I know I will get bashed from the Ccom fan boys out there, but its my opinion and I stand by it.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    You'll always be "elite" in my book, Krieg.

This actually made me laugh when I read it thanks peter

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    You'll always be "elite" in my book, Krieg.

LOL, thx peter ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally not criticizing you and I'm sure it's just a generational thing, but I never understood the allure of calling a person for ordering and saying "gimme a box of padron 64 maduros," then going through the rigamarole of verifying my shït, getting upsold, waiting on hold for more than 3 seconds, and all of that other crap. I'd rather type into the search "padron 1964" and then having all the options there for me.

I guess that the reason they stopped offering it was because it just wasn't a moneymaker for them anymorem. If it was, I imagine it'd still be their schtick.

Still not an awful deal, considering you were likely going to spend that grand one way or another...whether on their site or another. You saved at least 50 bucks with the gift card, and you saved on shipping (8 bucks an order), plus the 20 percent on what was likely a large order on your birthday. Not a bad deal for doing something that you'd do either way....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Patrick's method, but it involves calling and talking to people on a phone which I am not a fan of. Find some shops/online sources who have the releases you are looking for. Use social media and you too can get the prices under retail for a couple clicks and no hassle

• Options
    BrokegunnerBrokegunner Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Krieg - I also attained the elite or platinum or whatever it's called here... and also agree with your review as I had the same experience.

"Not all heroes eat crepes"