Home General Discussion
Options

Nicaraguan Cohiba?

A friend of mine just contacted me from Estelli Nicaragua and is sending me a cigar. He sent me a picture and the cigar is in a coffin box. The band does not resemble any Cohiba band that I’ve ever seen and it says Puros de Nicaragua Cohiba Estelli Siglo vintage 2015. My experience tells me that it’s probably some sort of knock off but I was curious if anyone else is familiar with this cigar?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

General Cigar owns the non-Cuban Cohiba brand. Not really a knock-off, but definitely not a Cuban cigar.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PetraPetra Posts: 8

Yes on both. Just trying to find out if anyone was familiar with this cigar?

• Options

I cannot find anything online that shows that cigar as a General Cigar Company cigar.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was probably a limited edition.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Will do!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody asked the real question. How much do you want for it? It must be a super special cigar, everyone needs!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

HA! You’re funny! And yes I agree it’s probably a very special cigar. The friend of mine that is sending it is a very top notch quality high-class individual. And if he is taking the time to send me anything it must be something special. Even if it weren’t I obviously wouldn’t sell a gift from a friend. I will keep you all posted if and when it shows up! Thank you for all of the responses. Happy and safe holidays to all.

• Options

Well the eagle has landed. The cigar arrived and yes I am excited
    to burn it. Problem is I am a collector and part of me just wants to put it away. One thing for sure is that I won’t be smoking it until I unravel it’s origin and back story so I guess we will be on hold until more is revealed! Any help would be appreciated!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why didn't you buy 5?

Or wait, someone was sending you this, right?

I'd put it in the humidor and then smoke it after about 30 days. Otherwise, you're paying for an experience you'll never have.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Petra said:
    Well the eagle has landed. The cigar arrived and yes I am excited
    to burn it. Problem is I am a collector and part of me just wants to put it away. One thing for sure is that I won’t be smoking it until I unravel it’s origin and back story so I guess we will be on hold until more is revealed! Any help would be appreciated!

I'll do what I can to help you, Peter.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Well after tremendous research I’ve been unable to get a background story on this cigar. So as a collector I have decided just to put it away and hang onto it particularly in light of the latest lawsuit outcome regarding the Cohiba label with General Cigar.