Home General Discussion
Options

Proper storing of 3 cigar box

Received Montecristo #2's (Cuban) today. I ordered 15 of them and they came in 5 boxes...3 cigars to a box. Boxes are sealed with Cuban seal and I was wondering on exactly how I should properly store them. Should I leave them in their sealed boxes and place them in my humidor, or should I take them out of their boxes and put them in my humidor?
Thanks.
Stan

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Just curious, where did you order them from? Reason I ask is that if you are asking how to store them you must not have any experience with them.
    Store them separate from any other cigars for a couple weeks. Me personally I’d leave them in the boxes. After a couple weeks open one box and check for signs of beetles. You can google those signs and go from there.

• Options
    s_pilok1s_pilok1 Posts: 10

I've have much experience with them. In the past, I ordered #2's from Decent Cigar Emporium in Dublin. However, then, I ordered a regular box which contained 20 or 25, I believe. Now I'm getting them from another source in Switzerland, and this is the first time I got 5 small boxes all sealed which can easily fit in my humidor. My question is should I leave them in these factory small boxes or take them out. The only other time I got cigars in these small boxes was leaving Heathrow in London, and I bought a few Cuban Punch cigars in these small boxes.
    Recently, I got a box of 25 Romeo & Julieta Wide Churchills (Cuban) from my Switzerland source and they came in a normal box that I emptied into one of my humidors. Normally sized full cigar boxes MUST be opened, and therefore cigars must be put in a humidor. Small boxes DO NOT have to be opened until you wish to smoke the cigars in that small box. So, my question is a valid one.
    Stan

• Options
    edited January 2023

I stated that it seemed you didn’t have any experience with them because of the question you asked. No one claimed that your question was not valid; however, it appears that you have answered your own question.
    Just an fyi though…I along with many others here have several full boxes that have not been opened. I generally store full boxes in a coolidor.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@s_pilok1 said:
    I've have much experience with them. In the past, I ordered #2's from Decent Cigar Emporium in Dublin. However, then, I ordered a regular box which contained 20 or 25, I believe. Now I'm getting them from another source in Switzerland, and this is the first time I got 5 small boxes all sealed which can easily fit in my humidor. My question is should I leave them in these factory small boxes or take them out. The only other time I got cigars in these small boxes was leaving Heathrow in London, and I bought a few Cuban Punch cigars in these small boxes.
    Recently, I got a box of 25 Romeo & Julieta Wide Churchills (Cuban) from my Switzerland source and they came in a normal box that I emptied into one of my humidors. Normally sized full cigar boxes MUST be opened, and therefore cigars must be put in a humidor. Small boxes DO NOT have to be opened until you wish to smoke the cigars in that small box. So, my question is a valid one.
    Stan

What did you just say? Small boxes do not have to be open until you wish to smoke the cigars in the small box? Maybe I am not envisioning what kind of box this is, but if it is made of wood and has a paper seal, then it needs to be put in a **** humidor. The three count box is not a humidor. Maybe I don't understand what you're talking about.

Also don't have to empty the 25 count box into the humidor. You can put the whole box in the **** Humidor. If you're humidor isn't big enough, then put The **** box and a **** gallon bag. Or buy a cooler. Or buy a bigger **** humidor.

Post a picture of this three count box that you can leave sealed. I'm interested to see it. Thanks.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

• Options

Here you go. Got 5 boxes fully sealed with 3 Montecristo #2's in each.

Stan

• Options

Me personally I would worry more about removing the cigars from those boxes than I would a wooden box. Cardboard of any kind invites mold.

• Options

Most cigar boxes from Cuba (in fact, even most from other countries) are in heavy cardboard boxes...not wooden. And I do know that those are put into larger humidors unopened and seem to last.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@s_pilok1 said:
    Most cigar boxes from Cuba (in fact, even most from other countries) are in heavy cardboard boxes...not wooden. And I do know that those are put into larger humidors unopened and seem to last.

Then there you have it. Why ask?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

Because being on this forum for the 1st time, I want to hear from some of you experts as to your opinions. It's still a controversial topic as you can see by this thread.

• Options

I don’t claim to be an expert, but it’s been quite awhile since a bought a box of cigars that was not in a wooden box. Whether the cigars be from Nicaragua, Honduras, The Dominican Republic, or Ecuador.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@s_pilok1 said:
    Because being on this forum for the 1st time, I want to hear from some of you experts as to your opinions. It's still a controversial topic as you can see by this thread.

Here's an idea: seeing as how you're pointing out that it's your 1st time, head on over to the newbie welcoming thread and introduce yourself instead of testing us with questions you say you already know the answer to. You might find a warmer welcome, even find that you fit in. Or not.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not controversial. Leave them in the box. But Rusty is right. Keep’em separate from a big group until you are certain you don’t have beetles… the only infestation I ever had was from Montecristos…

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

( from Cuba)

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@s_pilok1 said:

Here's an idea: seeing as how you're pointing out that it's your 1st time, head on over to the newbie welcoming thread and introduce yourself instead of testing us with questions you say you already know the answer to. You might find a warmer welcome, even find that you fit in. Or not.

Sorry. NOT testing you. I sincerely did not know the answer to storing these cigars. It seems that there is NO answer. Some say to unbox them and others say to leave them in the box.
    This is like the argument that ensues when asking whether one should leave the cigar in its cellophane wrapper or whether to take it out when storing it. I guess I just expected a consensus of opinion on my question.

• Options

@s_pilok1 said:
    Stan

👆🏻Herein lies the main reason I see that you are getting the responses that you are. You posed a question and you obviously didn’t like the answer 👇🏻

@Rdp77 said:
    Just curious, where did you order them from? Reason I ask is that if you are asking how to store them you must not have any experience with them.
    Store them separate from any other cigars for a couple weeks. Me personally I’d leave them in the boxes. After a couple weeks open one box and check for signs of beetles. You can google those signs and go from there.

You yourself claimed it to be a “controversial” topic. There’s nothing controversial about it. So why stir shìt? I guess now you want cellophane to be discussed? As you say, you have had “much experience” so why ask such questions? Someone with “much experience “ only ask those kinds of questions if they want to stir shìt. Or they are completely full of shìt. I guess the jury is still out.

• Options

OK. This discussion is getting weird. I'm out of it. I tried a question and kept getting confrontational comments thinking I had some kind of motive. That's enough. I'm content with the knowledge I have and will discuss the joy of smoking cigars somewhere else.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait! Don't do anything rash that you'll regret for the rest of your life!

Give us another shot. Please!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

I mean, just look at that response time; 2 minutes! Where else can you get a 2 *&^%$# response time?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

mmm, no. You asked a question, and then argued with every answer. We're confrontational? Got a mirror? See for yourself.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options

Beautifully mature responses.

• Options

Thank you. We’re here all week.

• Options

@s_pilok1 said:

The responses weren't meant to be mature. They were meant to make you chuckle and perhaps help pull that stick out of your aŠs; even though it's not our job to pull that stick out of your aŠs, we like to help because that's who this family of smokers are.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@s_pilok1 said:

The responses weren't meant to be mature. They were meant to make you chuckle and perhaps help pull that stick out of your aŠs; even though it's not our job to pull that stick out of your aŠs, we like to help because that's who this family of smokers are.

Dang, someone made Peter cuss....

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@peter4jc said:

@s_pilok1 said:

Dang, someone made Peter cuss....

You're quite a "family"...one which I'm glad I'm not part of nor will I ever be. If you really knew me, you probably just shut your mouths.