Home General Discussion
Options

Neon Butane

PuertoRicoShawnPuertoRicoShawn Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking for fuel and keep running across this brand. I see 7 and 11 times refined. Any experience? I did a search on the forum and didnt see it mentioned

When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. —Ben Franklin

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of it. Xikar is a trusted brand and I believe several here use Lotus as well.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've used and recommend Xikar, Vector, and Lotus. Never heard of Neon, but it looks like their common in gas stations, liquor stores, and head/vape shops.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I ordered a can. see what happens

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t try it in your favorite lighter first. Sometimes butane isn’t as refined as is claimed and it can destroy the jets in a good lighter.

• Options

well guess its good that I dont have a good lighter. the best one I have is the zippo jet insert I just got

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

They're.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only one I use. Order on Amazon

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Don't fuçk with that shït. If you're looking for a flame that you can see outside, just get this vertigo intimidator lighter. I have one in my golf bag. Flame glows red so you can see it. Takes regular butane.

If they're adding a substance to make the color, it will inevitably screw up your lighter. Vertigo put a filament after the jets to make the color change.

Well hell Now I have to try to cancel my order.....

• Options

Cancelled the order. It is difficult at best to get any shipped here. Ordered some lotus as it was the only recommended brand that a seller might ship to me. we shall see if they cancel it.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucienne is also good, I'd been using it a couple years when I read somewhere that it's the only butane used at Casa Fuente.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've also got a couple cans of Lucienne , after having several lighters go bad and I was using Xikar, in Xikar lighters.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

i saw Lucienne as well but had never seen it mentioned around here until now.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard it recommended, but I've never used it.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get mine from the devil site. 8oz can will last for a while

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln