Home General Discussion
Options

Are there non-Cubans, not available in the USA, worth bringing back?

I'll travelling to Belize this month, but this applies to travel to any Caribbean nation.

Are there non-Cuban cigars that are worth bringing back? I mean cigars from other Caribbean nations that would be legal, but that aren't readily available in the US otherwise. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s actually a great question. I can’t think of any from that region. I can only think of a few non-Cuban in Europe that would be worthwhile. @Vision spends a lot of time in that part of the world, maybe he can shed some light.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Edit: double post

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Shockingly, usually New World Cigars in the Caribbean are over priced. You will find a lot of offbrand locally rolled yuck most places. Get yourself some Cubans, hope that they draw, and keep away from the rest of your cigars they might have Beatles.

Edit. I was going to edit out Beatles for beetles..... but that's way funnier.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

One brand comes to mind, Royal Danish, but they changed names and I don't remember what it is, but if you can find original Royal Danish, they are worth grabbing.
    Scandinavian cigars are pretty good.

As was said, there are a ton of garbage cigars in other countries. LCDH stores are the best bet for Cubans. As for any others, better to take with you, what you like.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had to change the name to House of Nicaragua due to pressure from the Royal family.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm confused again.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    Shockingly, usually New World Cigars in the Caribbean are over priced. You will find a lot of offbrand locally rolled yuck most places. Get yourself some Cubans, hope that they draw, and keep away from the rest of your cigars they might have Beatles.

Edit. I was going to edit out Beatles for beetles..... but that's way funnier.

Have you found any with Kinks?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had cigars with Kinks from where the roller holds the cigar with their thumb. Usually contributes to a burn issue.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I've had cigars with Kinks from where the roller holds the cigar with their thumb. Usually contributes to a burn issue.

Could you rub them out between a couple Rolling Stones?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain