Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Weekend fun.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Non Cigar Related

Went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and a few other places in Nashville with my some of my family.
We had a great time.

Tomorrow, we may run to a few places in Memphis.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

While in Memphis, if you want the most heart attack inducing cheeseburger you have ever encountered visit Dyer’s.
    Best ribs in town… Rendezvous

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    While in Memphis, if you want the most heart attack inducing cheeseburger you have ever encountered visit Dyer’s.
    Best ribs in town… Rendezvous

Gonna have to check those out.
    We plan to go down Beale Street.
    That seems to be the area where most the stuff seems to be.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are looking for a good selection of cigars at a B&M while in Memphis, check out Smokers Abbey.

• Options

@MrShrek said:
    If you are looking for a good selection of cigars at a B&M while in Memphis, check out Smokers Abbey.

I'll have to check that out.
    Any good ones in Nashville?
    Right now, we're living in Lexington, TN and I'm working in Jackson, TN.
    So we're pretty much dead center between Memphis and Nashville.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

Any good ones in Nashville?

Belle Meade Cigars off White Bridge Rd. has a good selection. It's a little tricky to find, because it's in a very old strip mall, and the entrance is kind of recessed between a couple other businesses so you just have to trust that you're there, park and when you walk up to it just follow your nose. Small smokers lounge area.

The Cigar Club in Madison / Goodlettesville has always been good to me. Lot's of pipes in there, too. It's been a couple years since I was in there.

Franklin Cigar on Carrothers parkway in Franklin is good. Also small, great selection of Davidoff, as does Belle Meade. They have a sort of sports bar smokers lounge going on. I was in there smoking a cigar last year when Phil Helmuth (poker player) came in and sat down with a stick. Kind of cool.

There's another place on Carrothers, I can't remember the name of it but it's about 2 blocks down from Franklin Cigar. Much bigger area to smoke in, but nowhere near the selection.

Belle Meade and Franklin are the big money areas of town, just something to remember. The lady at Belle Meade always seems surprised by my choices, and then gets really happy and encourages me to order from her. The owner at Franklin Cigar rang me up one time and as he was he paused, looked at me and said "You have really good taste in cigars, take my card and come back anytime."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain