Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Shipping Screw Up = Free Cigars Contest

TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Trades, Passes and Bombs

So, here's the deal...I ordered myself a box of Long Live the Queen (LLTQ) Toros back a few weeks ago with some other accoutrements. Got the other items in but got the wrong box of cigars, LLTQ but robustos. No problem, I've never had issues with this small California retailer, so I call them up, and they put another box in the mail, the same day. I get the 2nd box in the mail 3 days later (great service!), but it's the exact same, WRONG box of cigars. I call them up again, and am real nice about it. The guy about has a conniption, curses himself out on the phone with me while I'm trying not to laugh. He says that he will personally go down and pack the correct box and send it out same day; he says to go ahead and keep one of the two wrong boxes of robustos but asks kindly that I send back the 2nd. I tell him that I'll send back the two, I just want the box I ordered.

He's real nice about it and says, "obviously, you were meant to have one of those boxes". Another 4 days later, I get the correct box of cigars I ordered and sent back one of the two wrong boxes. Overall, great service from a small batch company out of California, and a free box of cigars for whoever wins this contest.

Now for the contest, you must be on the good trader's list, or have someone vouch for you.

RULES

To enter, you must post a picture in this thread. Whoever has the most LOLs on the post at the end of the contest will be the winner.

No points will be given for other reactions.

You can repost a picture that you have posted in another thread, but reposting another member's picture will disqualify the post. If you continually repost other member's pictures then you may be disqualified.

You can post multiple pictures, but only the most recent picture that you posted in this thread will be scored.

Memes are allowed.

Contest will end at 12:00 AM EST on March 6th.

If we need a tiebreaker, we'll have a second round between only the members with tied scores.

Winner gets an unopened box of LLTQ Robustos.

Good luck, now try to make us all laugh.

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sue if this qualifies for the contest can but this one made me laugh 😂

https://instagram.com/reel/Cok05B5rPDk/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap, I've got nothing that can compete, you boys are pulling out all the stops on this one.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

Some funny stuff here fellas! Only a few more days to enter, although I'm not sure that anyone will be Calvin

• Options

Alright all, voting is up. Thanks for playing, will give an update later tonight

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Calvin and great contest Taylor.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent, I might have to bomb @Bob_Luken since he's the reason I won, or maybe just wait until I see him in April (hopefully).

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Sent, I might have to bomb @Bob_Luken since he's the reason I won, or maybe just wait until I see him in April (hopefully).

I literally did nothing. Glenn and Colleen deserve all the credit! It takes the whole Hee Haw gang to really make that photo.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

I literally did nothing. Glenn and Colleen deserve all the credit! It takes the whole Hee Haw gang to really make that photo.

Combined with my disagree, that may have come across as harsh. I was just trying to avoid the bomb. It was a joke, but so badly made I got an "insightful" from Calvin instead of an LOL. To be clear, I love the photo, especially Glenn and Colleen being there. I got a big laugh seeing it again, and I'm glad you won, I'll gladly help you smoke your winnings in Milwaukee.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:

Combined with my disagree, that may have come across as harsh. I was just trying to avoid the bomb. It was a joke, but so badly made I got an "insightful" from Calvin instead of an LOL. To be clear, I love the photo, especially Glenn and Colleen being there. I got a big laugh seeing it again, and I'm glad you won, I'll gladly help you smoke your winnings in Milwaukee.

Don't worry, you misunderstand my insightful. I knew it was a joke, the insightful is a nefarious insightful, because I might have to get Glenn too since you mentioned it.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Colleen

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loved this!