Home General Discussion
Options

Site wide...doesn't mean site wide?

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

Anyone else try and use this weekend's promo? Ccom had a promo code "discount" that would knock off some money based on what you spent for everything "site wide". Well, the box I ordered didn't get the discount and according to Customer Service, it is on an "exclusion" list, which is fine, but imo, don't say site wide if it isn't.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

It’s that way on nearly EVERY site. Exclusions are actually set by the manufacturer not the site and will generally be the same for each site. Gotta read the fine print.

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    It’s that way on nearly EVERY site. Exclusions are actually set by the manufacturer not the site and will generally be the same for each site. Gotta read the fine print.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've run into that before. Turns out that most of the cigars that I order are on the exclusion list. I don't usually even try to use the discount box anymore.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Now I just wish that the order I placed on Feb 28th, 3 boxes of cigars, would show up. Or even just have the Post Office admit they've received the order, or UPS admit they've received the replacement order that was supposedly sent out 5 days ago, since the USPS claimed not to have received the package after 10 days. Perhaps one or the other will arrive today? Who knows?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Either way is fine w/ me.

"Long ashes my friends."