Home Pipes
Options

Highlights from my first Pipe Show

Bushbr89Bushbr89 Posts: 6

Some pictures from my first pipe show.

I had one pipe before I went to the show. Here are pics of my collection now.

A few of my favorite meerschaum pipes I saw.

With two full conference rooms full of vendors the number of pipes available to buy was daunting

In the smoking tent, there was a "Tasting Table" where vendors and members alike could drop off samples and jars of their favorite blends, allowing everyone to show off and try and maybe find a new favorite. Was definitely a highlight of the show for me. I learned so much about what I do and do not like in terms of flavor and smokeability

It was an amazing show. If you've never been, I highly recommend coming out next year and joining us, They had a fast and a slow smoke competition, pipe carving lessons, blending seminars, a live "Battle of the Briars" carving competition as well as a silent auction filled with unique pipes, stands and other paraphernalia.

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

The crowned skull caught my fancy. If only I were into pipes enough to spend that kind of money. The horse's head is a true work of art.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a good time.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you see the Battle of the Briar competition? Here's the raw footage.

https://youtu.be/lADRx23MQow

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bushbr89Bushbr89 Posts: 6

@Yakster I caught some of it on the stream, but I was in the smoking tent with my dad trying to sell air purifiers.