Home Cigar 101

No idea whats goin on but very very interested

Hello all, I'm am what you might call a virgin to this whole cigar smoking, tasting, smelling, kinda hobby. Where I was growing up no one was smokin, except the occasional new baby cigar handout and then your like everyone else, what do I do with this thing? Do I inhale? Hope you didn't, cuz I did and it was so bad I never wanted to do it again. Fast forward to 45 years later, a buddy of mine asked me to smoke with him and I was like nah Im good. He said it was heaven for him. So now my interest has peaked once again. I really would like to learn as much as I can about these so called " heavenly smokes". Anyone interested in showing me?

Comments

• 11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Any questions you have are most likely answered by searching on the forum. Anything you don't find feel free to ask. Check out the newbie welcoming thread as well. Welcome to your new expensive hobby.
    >
    Watch this channel as well
    >
    https://youtube.com/@nflhistory

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the word of cigars, @Verynewtothis9 . Cigars are a great way to relax, contemplate and enjoy the moment. A great way to unwind after a long, hard day is a cigar and a glass of whiskey, If you're a drinker.

Don't inhale, take your time smoking it and enjoy.

Boveda is your friend, as well as airtight containers.

Hi, DZR.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr. Beckom?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you're just trying to be more prepared for when you get with your buddy, but I don't get why you'd get online, create an account, and ask here when you have a real-life person to sit and smoke with. It's just odd is all I'm sayin'. Or maybe you're a troll and I just took the bait?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t see many people in their 60s saying or typing “cuz”

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chirping of crickets.....

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain