Home Cigar 101

Looking for guidance

2»

Comments

• Sethbanks711Sethbanks711 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@Sethbanks711 said:
    I’ll bite, what the hell is a DZR.

Every now and then an existing member will make a “new” account just to get the oldsters riled up.

I gotcha, I kept searching DZR and I couldn’t find anything that made a whole lot of sense. Appreciate it!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then he'd say "Get Lit Son!"

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sethbanks711 said:

@Rdp77 said:

@Sethbanks711 said:

Every now and then an existing member will make a “new” account just to get the oldsters riled up.

I gotcha, I kept searching DZR and I couldn’t find anything that made a whole lot of sense. Appreciate it!

It’s definitely an inside joke. Even the explanation doesn’t really do it justice. Welcome to the forum Seth. Glad to have you aboard. Hope to see you on vherf.

@Bob_Luken said:

@Sethbanks711 said:

@Rdp77 said:

@Sethbanks711 said:

It’s definitely an inside joke. Even the explanation doesn’t really do it justice. Welcome to the forum Seth. Glad to have you aboard. Hope to see you on vherf.

For sure man. Look forward to seeing you there. I’ll be on next week! Thank you for the warm welcome.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sethbanks711 said:
    I’m working in downtown Charlotte this week, and found a local cigar lounge. I gave the Perdomo 10th anniversary champagne a go. It was good, but extremely mild. It seemed to become a little sweet in the 2nd third. It was decent, but it felt like it let me wanting more. Hopefully I can find another lounge in my next stop!

Since the 10th Anniversary champagne left something to be desired, you might try the Perdomo Habano Connecticut. Describe by Perdomo as medium, I would say light to medium. I picked up a few subtle flavors. Nothing overpowering. Enjoyable for me. I started out smoking stronger cigars and now I am trying milder offerings.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

@TNBigfoot68 said:

@Sethbanks711 said:
    I’m working in downtown Charlotte this week, and found a local cigar lounge. I gave the Perdomo 10th anniversary champagne a go. It was good, but extremely mild. It seemed to become a little sweet in the 2nd third. It was decent, but it felt like it let me wanting more. Hopefully I can find another lounge in my next stop!

Since the 10th Anniversary champagne left something to be desired, you might try the Perdomo Habano Connecticut. Describe by Perdomo as medium, I would say light to medium. I picked up a few subtle flavors. Nothing overpowering. Enjoyable for me. I started out smoking stronger cigars and now I am trying milder offerings.

If only I’d have seen this 30 minutes ago. I just left the cigar shop! I’ll note it down for my next trip down to GA. Thank you!

@Yakster said:
    Curivari cigars are underrated and punch above their price. I like the Reserva Cafe Noir and many others.

I’ll check them out as well. We had to go to Georgia today for a family gathering. I found a local cigar shop. I looked for that deliverance porcelain, unfortunately they didn’t have it. I did pick up a good assortment though. I posted it in the “what did you get today” thread.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Yes, looked like good picks. I'll sometimes call Curivari cigars the poor man's Padron.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )