Home Cigar 101
Options

Copycat cigars

OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone that could enlighten me on copycat cigars, namely Fugazi? Are they even close (who is blending these) or stay away (marketing scheme)?

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little of both... are they close? They're in the ballpark, but probably not close enough to add the 'original' name to it. From that standpoint, IMHO, it's a marketing scheme. But the mention of a name can also serve as a guide to expected ballpark flavors and is easier than having 12 blends and giving detailed descriptors of each one.

They're simply one of CP's houseblends. I happen to buy into the CP ethos and like how they find ways to source tobacco and blend it and bring sticks to market in ways that are pretty transparent and cost-effective.

All that said, I've had several of the Class 34's (and liked most of them) of which the Fugazi line is an extension, and only tried two Fugazii. They were adequate, worth the money, and probably could sell for a couple bucks more. Will I buy more? Probably. But (for me) the real question is do I need to/want to buy a $3.50ea. cigar?

Hope that helps.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

Hope that helps.

It does, TY.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great question, I've been wondering about those Fugazis myself but haven't been curious enough to pull the trigger, especially with my problem of having practically no room for more cigars anymore. I swear that they're multiplying in the humidors.

Years ago I tried JR Alternatives, I think the Cohiba Behike Laguito No. 5 "fauhiba" and was very disappointed.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )