Home Cigar 101
Options

Partagas cigars seized by customs

I ordered some Partagas D series 4 cigars as a newbie to cigars online at Cubanlous.com. The website refunded me because they never arrived. They were seized by customs and I got a letter with 4 options. 1. Consider that CBP consider my petition 2. Request that CBP consider my offer in compromise 3. Abandon any claim or interest in the property 4. File a claim to refer my case to judicial action.

Anyone have experience with this? Is it something I can just ignore and customs can keep them? I’ve ordered H Upmanns from the same site so I thought the Partagas would be ok, since they shipped from Switzerland.

Thanks for any insights and advice you have.

Answers

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

You said you got a refund?... move on with your life

• Options
    NewbfromNEONewbfromNEO Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    The days of Cuban cigars being better than all the rest are behind us. Dominican, Nicaraguan, and others are at least as good, if not better. Save yourself the headaches and anxiety, not to mention potential unwanted and unwarranted government attention and select from the many fine offerings available through legal channels.

If it will make you feel better, you can make a little voodoo doll representing the moronic government agencies that have created these conditions, and set that little rascal on fire over a pile of garbage.

Happy hunting.

Amen!

"Come on guys...you know the thing...its the thing you know..." J Biden