Home General Discussion

Traficante Cigar ?

OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone had any interaction with this website/company/cigars ??

traficantecigar.com

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

Comments

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Rhamlin loves them

    Don't look ↑
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just ordered another 10 pack at 35% off

  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Rhamlin said:
    Just ordered another 10 pack at 35% off

    I ordered some with the 35% off too. Looking forward to trying them. Thanks again for the advice and vote of confidence.

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Sometimes it takes a while to get them if the distributor has to wait on them since they come from Mexico. I bet customs is a biotch.

  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Like the song says, "Don't cross the river if you can't swim the tide, don't try denying living on the other side..."

    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    FYI….so far, quality smokes from 2 of 5 pack. Also, note that it took 22 days from order to delivery.

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Who is flagging @OutdoorsSmoke_21191?

    Don't look ↑
  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @VegasFrank said:
    Who is flagging @OutdoorsSmoke_21191?

    Frank that is funny 💩 right there 🤣🤣‼️

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • VisionVision Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @VegasFrank said:
    Who is flagging @OutdoorsSmoke_21191?

    I gave him the WTF because Why the F Not

  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Interesting 🧐

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13

    .

  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That seems to be a common theme for 2024.

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It says they are decreasing prices. ???

    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wait, what? I must have misread that the first time around.

    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

                  Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Criminal gangs? Seriously deadly gangsters? Is that their marketing/gimmick? I looked up traficante, and I looked at their website. I’m assuming I’m missing something here. Can anyone confirm or disprove my limited knowledge of this brand?

  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Originally, before acquiring 'drug dealer' common usage...

    Traficante Family History
    Traficante Name Meaning
    Italian: from trafficante an occupational name for a merchant or trader. In Italy this name is found mainly in the regions of Molise and Apulia.

    Source: Dictionary of American Family Names 2nd edition, 2022

  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16

    @Bob_Luken said:
    Criminal gangs? Seriously deadly gangsters? Is that their marketing/gimmick? I looked up traficante, and I looked at their website. I’m assuming I’m missing something here. Can anyone confirm or disprove my limited knowledge of this brand?

    Went to the site and checked it out. I knew the mob connections, saw the Traficante name on a building in Ybor City when I was there, I think it also said Italian Social Club, right around the corner from Fuente.

    I also knew that the younger Traficante is some sort of politician in the area there. It was my impression that the family was out of "the business", so to speak, and was trying to leave that reputation behind.

    Having seen the images on the website, I won't be supporting any of that nonsense myself. As human beings we are born with a fascination for evil, "as surely as the flames fly upward", as well as a longing to be rid of it. I guess it's a matter of which wolf you feed.

    I don't see myself feeding that one.

    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

    "If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It’s marketing (admittedly poor choice) directed at the younger crowd to give them the cool, bad boy cigar smoker vibe. Most of the cigar names follow the cartel theme and/or gang culture. However, for what it’s worth, the cigars that I have tried have been very good quality.

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

    . > @OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

    It’s marketing (admittedly poor choice) directed at the younger crowd to give them the cool, bad boy cigar smoker vibe. Most of the cigar names follow the cartel theme and/or gang culture. However, for what it’s worth, the cigars that I have tried have been very good quality.

    I assumed they were pretty good because the market demands it (and Ricky likes ‘em) but I wanted to know if there was anything more to it than what I was seeing. Could there be an actual connection to the gangster hype? The cartels are flush with money now so legitimate businesses are also viable opportunities for them as well. Just wild speculation on my part but, isn’t that what gangsters do? Branch out into legitimate businesses when funds allow them to?

  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bob_Luken said:
    . > @OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

    It’s marketing (admittedly poor choice) directed at the younger crowd to give them the cool, bad boy cigar smoker vibe. Most of the cigar names follow the cartel theme and/or gang culture. However, for what it’s worth, the cigars that I have tried have been very good quality.

    I assumed they were pretty good because the market demands it (and Ricky likes ‘em) but I wanted to know if there was anything more to it than what I was seeing. Could there be an actual connection to the gangster hype? The cartels are flush with money now so legitimate businesses are also viable opportunities for them as well. Just wild speculation on my part but, isn’t that what gangsters do? Branch out into legitimate businesses when funds allow them to?

    Bob

    Could be. But I think that would not only be incredibly bold but insanely stupid. That…I could not support.

    A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think that’s just a gimmick. Or at least that’s what I assumed

  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18

    Here’s an interview I just found. (I looked unsuccessfully for a date on the interview but 2018 is visible in the link.)

    https://cigarhawkblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/10/interview-with-michael-poe-of-traficante-cigar-co/

Sign In or Register to comment.