Home General Discussion
Options

Traficante Cigar ?

OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone had any interaction with this website/company/cigars ??

traficantecigar.com

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin loves them

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ordered another 10 pack at 35% off

• Options

@Rhamlin said:
    Just ordered another 10 pack at 35% off

I ordered some with the 35% off too. Looking forward to trying them. Thanks again for the advice and vote of confidence.

• Options

Sometimes it takes a while to get them if the distributor has to wait on them since they come from Mexico. I bet customs is a biotch.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the song says, "Don't cross the river if you can't swim the tide, don't try denying living on the other side..."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

FYI….so far, quality smokes from 2 of 5 pack. Also, note that it took 22 days from order to delivery.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is flagging @OutdoorsSmoke_21191?

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

Frank that is funny 💩 right there 🤣🤣‼️

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

I gave him the WTF because Why the F Not

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

Interesting 🧐

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems to be a common theme for 2024.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

It says they are decreasing prices. ???

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what? I must have misread that the first time around.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Criminal gangs? Seriously deadly gangsters? Is that their marketing/gimmick? I looked up traficante, and I looked at their website. I’m assuming I’m missing something here. Can anyone confirm or disprove my limited knowledge of this brand?

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally, before acquiring 'drug dealer' common usage...

Traficante Family History
    Traficante Name Meaning
    Italian: from trafficante an occupational name for a merchant or trader. In Italy this name is found mainly in the regions of Molise and Apulia.

Source: Dictionary of American Family Names 2nd edition, 2022

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16

@Bob_Luken said:
    Criminal gangs? Seriously deadly gangsters? Is that their marketing/gimmick? I looked up traficante, and I looked at their website. I’m assuming I’m missing something here. Can anyone confirm or disprove my limited knowledge of this brand?

Went to the site and checked it out. I knew the mob connections, saw the Traficante name on a building in Ybor City when I was there, I think it also said Italian Social Club, right around the corner from Fuente.

I also knew that the younger Traficante is some sort of politician in the area there. It was my impression that the family was out of "the business", so to speak, and was trying to leave that reputation behind.

Having seen the images on the website, I won't be supporting any of that nonsense myself. As human beings we are born with a fascination for evil, "as surely as the flames fly upward", as well as a longing to be rid of it. I guess it's a matter of which wolf you feed.

I don't see myself feeding that one.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

It’s marketing (admittedly poor choice) directed at the younger crowd to give them the cool, bad boy cigar smoker vibe. Most of the cigar names follow the cartel theme and/or gang culture. However, for what it’s worth, the cigars that I have tried have been very good quality.

• Options

. > @OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

It’s marketing (admittedly poor choice) directed at the younger crowd to give them the cool, bad boy cigar smoker vibe. Most of the cigar names follow the cartel theme and/or gang culture. However, for what it’s worth, the cigars that I have tried have been very good quality.

I assumed they were pretty good because the market demands it (and Ricky likes ‘em) but I wanted to know if there was anything more to it than what I was seeing. Could there be an actual connection to the gangster hype? The cartels are flush with money now so legitimate businesses are also viable opportunities for them as well. Just wild speculation on my part but, isn’t that what gangsters do? Branch out into legitimate businesses when funds allow them to?

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    . > @OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

I assumed they were pretty good because the market demands it (and Ricky likes ‘em) but I wanted to know if there was anything more to it than what I was seeing. Could there be an actual connection to the gangster hype? The cartels are flush with money now so legitimate businesses are also viable opportunities for them as well. Just wild speculation on my part but, isn’t that what gangsters do? Branch out into legitimate businesses when funds allow them to?

Bob

Could be. But I think that would not only be incredibly bold but insanely stupid. That…I could not support.

• Options

I think that’s just a gimmick. Or at least that’s what I assumed

• Options
    edited February 18

Here’s an interview I just found. (I looked unsuccessfully for a date on the interview but 2018 is visible in the link.)

https://cigarhawkblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/10/interview-with-michael-poe-of-traficante-cigar-co/

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    I KNEW I was missing something! Sonofabitch! Twice before I overlooked the “about us” section of their menu on their website.
    Not today.

https://traficantecigar.com/our-history

Here’s a bit of it.

FOUNDER / OWNER
    My name is Mike Poe and I am the founder and owner of The Traficante Cigar Company based in Birmingham, Alabama (Aka Tragic City). Unlike most brand owners, I became involved in the cigar industry by necessity…not by choice. As a 25 year Law Enforcement Veteran, I worked many assignments over the years but specialized in Narcotics / Swat.
    The Traficante Cigar Company was founded in 2015 as a “cover” for long term Narcotics Investigations. While it was very successful during my last few years in Narcotics, I did not expect the continued success of the business after my law enforcement career came to an end. While I am extremely grateful for our continued success, I’ve always referred to it as “Accidental”.

The blend names and artwork (created in-house) are representative of my life. From the music I’ve listened to through the years to experiences I lived through during my time on the job. Everyone has a story, and I share mine through the Traficante brand.

I never have read that evidently