Home General Discussion
Options

2024 TN Herf

MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

With last year being such a success, @Bob_Luken and I are kicking around ideas for another Tennessee Herf this coming April. I wanted to start getting your feedback on a few items so that we could weigh pros and cons of different locations. Please chime in on the items below.

1. Who’s in for coming to town for a few days and would stay at the Airbnb? I was thinking Thursday-Sunday, but that’s not necessary for everyone of course.
  2. Who’s in for just a day trip on Saturday? We could choose a large enough location with food in walking distance.
  3. Is there a particular weekend that doesn’t work for you in April?

Also if you’d like to come but want to keep it a surprise, feel free to PM me your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first and last weekend would be tough for us but could possibly make it work. We would be up for a Saturday only. Just let me know. Love getting together with you guys!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in again. Thursday, staying, whatever.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in any week in April other than first week….Arizona Bike Week. Besides hanging out with all you degenerates, it would give me a good reason to go visit my oldest daughter in Murfreesboro.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm probably in for the whole thing, assuming my time off request doesn't get denied for a random reason.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Y'all decide, I'm retired so whatever works is good for me. However, we need to make sure that Tony, @0patience is aware. I figure he's been pretty busy with new house, property, job, etc., but that can't be an excuse 2 years in a row.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

So, if anyone has his new address, let him know. If you don't, then you should probably include @0patience in as many of your posts as possible in the hopes that he'll log on and see that.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Speaking of which, does @0patience ever get on the V-herf? That would be a good opportunity to get his attention on this highly important matter.

• Options

At any rate, just make sure that you add @0patience to your posts on this matter.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think @0patience got on the vHerf once a few years ago, IIRC it was on a PC with no camera connected.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember @0patience on vHerf.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    I remember @0patience on vHerf.

I've never seen @0patience on vherf, but then, I'm rarely on myself.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for clarifying that, Ian.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience probably been on more then me lately

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get off the boat on the 20th so the weekend of the 27th would work.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    I get off the boat on the 20th so the weekend of the 27th would work. @0patience

FTFY

• Options

What’s with this? Where we at?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I'm late to the party. The issues with my heart rhythm issues have been better but I haven't smoked a cigar since the 4th of July. I would love to see you guys. Not sure if I would join in with a smoke or not. Would like to know where we are on this as well.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options

Update!!!

Timing:
    Spoke with @Bob_Luken and we have the weekend of April 27th penciled in. Bob is checking with his work tomorrow to see if he can get some info on time off. I plan on taking Thursday the 25th through Sunday the 28th off. I know that weekend works for @Rhamlin and a few others.

We are making this year’s focus on finding a large enough AirBNB that allows visitors in Murfreesboro. There are some good butcher shops, a pretty large B&M with a good selection (no large space for us to gather), plenty of stores for libations and other supplies. We could bring my smoker and blackstone over to the AirBNB to expand our options for meals as well.

Now we need to hear from you on the following details:
    1. Are you coming for the weekend or just visiting one day?
    2. What day that week would you be arriving?
    3. Would you fly in or drive in? For those flying in we could work out rides to assist.
    4. Anyone coming with you? That will help us plan on space for the AirBNB and in planning meals.

• Options
    edited February 12

Oh yeah…almost forgot…. @0patience

Post edited by MrShrek on
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might be out on this one, I'm debating going on another road trip this summer and there's not enough vacation time to go around for me if I do that.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not be able to make it that weekend. Hope you guys have a great time.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weekend for sure. Possibly longer??

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I might be out on this one, I'm debating going on another road trip this summer and there's not enough vacation time to go around for me if I do that.

I've heard the south east in the spring time is nice.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I will most likely do the same as last year, leave work Thursday evening, drive through the night arriving early Friday morning. Hopefully with a passenger.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

The weekend of April 27th looks good. I will not get confirmation for time off until early next month but it looks promising.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16

We can’t make the Milwaukee herf but Ann and I are good for the 26th-28th. If anyone wants to share an airbnb? As long as we get our own room, preferably with a private bathroom. Or I’ll just book us a hotel.

• Options

Looking like we have 7 attendees so far.

Staying the weekend:
    1. @MrShrek
    2. @Bob_Luken
    3. @Rhamlin
    4. Ann
    5. @Patrickbrick
    6. Patrick’s passenger
    7. @OutdoorsSmoke_21191

Visiting Saturday:
    Anyone?

At the current head count I am thinking this spot provides ample outdoor seating and space to sleep.
    https://abnb.me/CbtrG5gIlHb

Thoughts?

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might wanna check on this. Also says security cameras so I’m sure they’ll be keeping tabs

• Options

Yeah, generally they mean no smoking in the rental. If the size ends up being correct I will reach out to the host to discuss our plans.