Home General Discussion

Looking for a travel case.

Looking for a travel case to keep a couple of cigars for travel and going to my local lounge. I found a leather one that is made my Firedog that looks pretty good on amazon. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations?

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shane1 said:
    Looking for a travel case to keep a couple of cigars for travel and going to my local lounge. I found a leather one that is made my Firedog that looks pretty good on amazon. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations?

A leather one? Are you wanting something functional that works or something as a fashion statement? When you say travel case do you mean for the day or something for several days or longer?

• Shane1Shane1 Posts: 4

@Rdp77 said:

@Shane1 said:

A leather one? Are you wanting something functional that works or something as a fashion statement? When you say travel case do you mean for the day or something for several days or longer?

Functional. I read a lot of recommendations for Peter James leather cases but I cannot afford to spend that much. Just looking for short trips 1 day to 1 week. I am open to anything under $100.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boveda pack sold separately

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9

The Herf-a-Dor products are rugged and work well to keep your cigars safe, Tupperware works well too. When I travel I usually use a combination and with two different sizes of Tupperware-like containers they nest within each other to save space when empty.

For a day trip you could get away with storing a cigar in a tubo or wood cigar coffin unless you're going to Burning Man or some other harsh environment where you'd have to worry about temperature and humidity.

I took some cigars to Burning Man circa 1989 and the wrappers cracked with an audible snap IIRC and unwound as soon as I took the cigars out of my Tupperdor.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Herf-a-dor15 for longer trips but for a trip to town I have a couple leather ones I keep in the cooler so the humidity is right for a short trip.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Shane1Shane1 Posts: 4

All great options, thank you.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I took some cigars to Burning Man circa 1989 >

Chris, that statement explains a lot I’m starting to see the big picture now 🤪🤪

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

When traveling I use these. They have four different sizes this way not only can you pack your cigars but you can pack your weapon system too.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one of those ↑

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look around you can find those larger Xikar type cases for around $50 that they say retail for $100+. I got one to take on cruises or vacations and it works well.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a herd -a-dor 40 at a decent price, that did a great job of maintaining my cigars on a 3+ week vacation.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this one for 25 bucks somewhere. Advertised to hold 15. If you take out the foam sale inserts, you can get 20 to 25 in there easy.

I normally keep it outside to hold lighters and cigar bands and pokers and all sorts of junk. Recently took it out of time with me. It's a plastic box. It holds humidity just fine.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Harbor Freight Apache waterproof boxes