Home General Discussion
Options

Vivonte Cigars

TeoracerTeoracer Posts: 20 ✭✭

Hello everyone. Heading out on a cruise in March to the Dominican Republic. I see there is a cigar lounge/factory there that has tours. I was wondering if any of my BOTL on here had any experience doing the tour or smoking their sticks. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!!

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never heard of Vivonte Cigars before, I do see that in 2014 they came to the forum looking for help choosing a logo, but not finding much except for their web pages and social media posts, not finding posts from anyone who's tried their cigars on a couple of cigar forums. Maybe buy a few cigars from them before their trip so you know what you're in for.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/810104/help-rate-our-logo-competition-for-a-new-cigar-company-called-vivont-233/p1

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    I've never heard of Vivonte Cigars before, I do see that in 2014 they came to the forum looking for help choosing a logo, but not finding much except for their web pages and social media posts, not finding posts from anyone who's tried their cigars on a couple of cigar forums. Maybe buy a few cigars from them before their trip so you know what you're in for.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/810104/help-rate-our-logo-competition-for-a-new-cigar-company-called-vivont-233/p1

Thanks Yakster. I saw that post from 10yrs ago. I thought about grabbing some off their site but you have to buy a box of 25. I guess I will just live in the moment, which is never a bad thing, and just grab what catches my eye and nose. From what I read on the reviews of them on Tripadvisor, the tour is pretty good and the selection is much bigger than what they have on the site.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several varieties where there are boxes of 10 available. As a matter of fact, the first one in their listing was a box of 10 cigars for like $140. The website had a lot of freaking errors on it and I had to get Chrome to serve me the desktop site to even look at the cigars. You can see the errors in the headers and the footers. Something with the way it is coded.

They have a pretty active Facebook page. I guess the factory is probably open then. Never heard of them myself. Dominican binder and fillers under Ecuadorian wrappers.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    There are several varieties where there are boxes of 10 available. As a matter of fact, the first one in their listing was a box of 10 cigars for like $140. The website had a lot of freaking errors on it and I had to get Chrome to serve me the desktop site to even look at the cigars. You can see the errors in the headers and the footers. Something with the way it is coded.

They have a pretty active Facebook page. I guess the factory is probably open then. Never heard of them myself. Dominican binder and fillers under Ecuadorian wrappers.

Thanks for the info! Going to have to dive a little deeper.