Home Pipes

Pipe Screens

OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

I searched the forum with no luck. Screen or no screen in the bowl. Why or why not with possible pros and cons.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fine screen like that will clog up with pipe tobacco and hinder your draw.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    A fine screen like that will clog up with pipe tobacco and hinder your draw.

I remember when me and Dusty were friends and I needed screens... they'll adversely affect the flavor of the combustion material too.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do I take the same stance with filters? No screen ✅ got it…no filter?

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • HawksHawks Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

No use for 'em.

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have several 9mm filter pipes. Never use them. After the 1st bowl it just adds a nasty taste to the smoke. Just be sure to clean out the filter chamber regularly. I fold a paper towel and then roll it at an angle, insert and twist, keep pushing until it won't go farther, twist in opposite direction as you pull it out.

Hope that last part makes it past the maiden aunt censor-bot.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain