Home Cigar 101

1999 Cigar Help

DirtyJinxDirtyJinx Posts: 4

Hello all,

I was born in 1999 and this year I will be 25. To celebrate, I would like to find a cigar released in '99 that is the original release. To smoke a cigar as old as I would be a great way to celebrate this year. I would prefer to stay true to form and find a Broadleaf or Maduro, really anything dark, though I am not too picky seeing as my requirements are rather narrow. If anyone could point me in the right direction to find a few that would be amazing.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll do a little research, but broadleaf might be a stretch. That was around the time it was just starting to be used.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes me curious... I didn't start with cigars until 2014 and have heard about the boom in the 90's and how demand was so high that the market was flooded with a bunch of crap toward the end of that decade. How hard will it be to find a cigar that was released in that era that not only survived until now, but is also a decent smoke?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an 05/06ish cigar. Closest I can get

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine you will find a cigar from 1999 that has held up, especially a Maduro. Would be like smoking air, but if you want to prove a point good luck.

I would try the L'Atelier La Mission 1999

Not a fan favorite around here, but the members with a good palette enjoy it

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

FUENTE FUENTE OPUS X (VINTAGE 1999) RESERVA D'CHATEAU (SINGLES) - AGED 25 YEARS
    Regular price$400.00

https://marcusdaniel.com/products/fuente-fuente-opus-x-vintage-1999-reserva-dchateau-box-of-32-aged-25-years

• KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21

There is a Rocky Patel 1999, but I think it's Connecticut. It's not broadleaf. I saw an interesting YouTube video the other day where a guy repaired a broken cigar using the wrapper from a cigar he sacrificed. Involved wetting the victim down, removing its wrapper and wrapping that around the broken one. He used fruit pectin to seal it. It might be neat and memorable for you to "wrap" your own cigar.

https://youtu.be/dzikn4ao3y0?si=bKvaeazmHg57wJp4

The obstacle is the way.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 rolls his own from scratch... There is also a thread about it in this cigar 101 discussion somewhere. We used to have a couple of guys who rolled quite a bit.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • DirtyJinxDirtyJinx Posts: 4

I have rolled two of my own cigars that are currently sitting in my humidor. One looks awful, the other not great. The blend is something I don't think I will be a huge fan of (it was from a kit) but I have decided that it is going to be what I smoke for my birthday. I finished rolling them about two weeks ago, I think they will be ready to smoke by the time my birthday comes around. Great idea guys, thanks!