Home General Discussion

What’s this Fuente worth?

2»

Comments

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Aw, now you hurt Frank's feelings.

And mine ! WTF 😳

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BeardedDG said:

@peter4jc said:
    I wish people would understand the cigar world better.

I also wish that people would just say, "Hey. I have this cigar. I'd like to sell it. I don't know what it's worth. Make me an offer." They should, of course, add the condition of the cigar and how it's been stored.

Most people post asking what it's worth as a veiled way of saying, "I want to sell this but I don't want to sell it for less than it's actually worth, so tell me what it's worth so I know how much to ask for it."

Just smoke it, and be done with it.

Never once mentioned I was going to sell it! I’m just more curious of what I got myself into when I got it from a friend. Nothing veiled about it seems like a great collectors item!

He said "most people" not you. Don't worry, when he wants to say something snarky to or about you, he won't have a problem doing it 😂

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@silvermouse said:
    Aw, now you hurt Frank's feelings.

I don't have any feelings left.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • BeardedDGBeardedDG Posts: 11

@VegasFrank said:
    Back to the topic...

That cigar isn't worth anything unless you can prove it was stored properly since it's inception. I'm not being coçk, which I can definitely be when I want to, I'm just telling you that nobody would buy that thing without knowing for a fact it was stored at humidity, and it's ultimately worth what somebody would pay for it.

Hope you smoke it. Hope it's great. Hope that you wish you had another after you smoked it. Those are the best cigars. Cheers!

Appreciate the insight and that’s what’s I figured when I got it, it was half and half stored in humidity. The way I see it I am probably gonna smoke the damn thing, but might I have to revive it somewhat but that’s another process to figure out!

@BeardedDG said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Back to the topic...

That cigar isn't worth anything unless you can prove it was stored properly since it's inception. I'm not being coçk, which I can definitely be when I want to, I'm just telling you that nobody would buy that thing without knowing for a fact it was stored at humidity, and it's ultimately worth what somebody would pay for it.

Hope you smoke it. Hope it's great. Hope that you wish you had another after you smoked it. Those are the best cigars. Cheers!

Appreciate the insight and that’s what’s I figured when I got it, it was half and half stored in humidity. The way I see it I am probably gonna smoke the damn thing, but might I have to revive it somewhat but that’s another process to figure out!

Stick it in a good humidor for 2 weeks and then smoke it brother. It ain't going to get any better after 2 weeks.

• Al_K_LloydAl_K_Lloyd Posts: 48 ✭✭

@Yakster said:
    6" x 74 ring, who smokes something this size anyway? It can't be a great experience..

~shifts in chair~

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Hunter S. Thompson

• Al_K_LloydAl_K_Lloyd Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited August 5

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Ok, chiming in. I'm a Fuente Ho. As far as I know they don't actually make ANY bad cigars. However, I've been disappointed with the Destino Siglo's, not as good as many of the other Fuentes. Also, I don't smoke Curly Head, etc., but the 8-5-8 Flor Finas are a great yard 'gar. Hemingways go up and down in my personal top 5 cigars. I wouldn't smoke that one you've got @BeardedDG , simply based on ring gauge. Way too big. But, you've got it. By all means, smoke it!

Now, with all that said, there is no accounting for taste. If you're not into Fuente, or cigars in general, gift it to someone who is. @Rdp77 comes to mind. Obviously his Fuentes have been tampered with by some evil dwarf determined to rob him of a great experience. He knows his pipe tobacco though, so, he has redeeming qualities. Or, given the size of the thing, you could send it to @VegasFrank, he'll either smoke it, or clobber someone in his foursome with it.

(Hint: smoke it)

I recently fire-assayed a Claro (candela wrapper.)
    It suuuuucked — a first for this Fuente fan.

No real flavor, uneven burn, and confettied on the final third.

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Hunter S. Thompson

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a few cigar brands that do Candela well, Illusione, Espinosa, Roma Craft, BLTC, it's especially good as an accent, but when not done right it's not good.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • BeardedDGBeardedDG Posts: 11

@TNBigfoot68 I appreciate the warm welcome, life is too short to be affected by words, now guns and swords that’s another story lol. Currently trying to revive the cigar before I smoke it! Looking forward to hanging out in the forum and learning more. Cheers