Home Non Cigar Related

Gas powered small generator

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing I learned in hindsight after Helene. I need to buy a small portable generator. I'm looking at a Honda EU2200i it has a lot of nice solid features and I don't need anything with more power. The Honda is pricy at a little over 6 boxes of good cigars. That's about 1100.00 bucks with free shipping. Any motor heads willing to chime in with another choice. I'm partial to Honda because my first motorcycle was a 250 Honda Scrambler in1963.

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as it carries the wattage you need it for, it’s really hard to bet against a Honda engine. They’ve pretty much set the standard for small gasoline engines.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one, quiet, easy to move, reliable but needs scrupulous maintenance and fresh gasoline, unlike my larger Craftsman generator with a Briggs engine.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    One thing I learned in hindsight after Helene. I need to buy a small portable generator. I'm looking at a Honda EU2200i it has a lot of nice solid features and I don't need anything with more power. The Honda is pricy at a little over 6 boxes of good cigars. That's about 1100.00 bucks with free shipping. Any motor heads willing to chime in with another choice. I'm partial to Honda because my first motorcycle was a 250 Honda Scrambler in1963.

Get it we have 1. So nice and quiet

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 17 year old Honda 1000. Starts every time 🤙🏼

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I saw the thread title the first thing I thought of was Honda.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

I generate lots of gas, but not much power. But if I was to buy one it'd be a Honda.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't tell you the first thing about generators, but I can tell you in terms of smaller motorcycle engines, regarding reliability, there's Honda, and then there's everything else competing for second place.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

We sell a lot of them and never see them back in the shop. Just don’t listen to anyone that tells you to go to harbor freight because all of them are the same.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone else has said it, I'll agree. Honda.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread prompted me to look at a few videos. Generac might be an option at a lower cost than Honda. Check these comparisons.

Will The Honda EU2200i Generator Power Your Home?

https://youtu.be/RRe0rTrfIZQ?si=Dujaue-O8r9fr2m7

Cheap Inverter Generator - Generac GP2200i Review - Alternative to Honda EU2200i

https://youtu.be/EXuP6tQACa8?si=5fsb7P30-dOjImjZ

Honda vs Generac Honda eu2200i vs Generac gp2200i Full Test!!

https://youtu.be/SUvUgqtUROU?si=OMoMJgN0vguIU75N

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generic? ^

Is that a serious name brand?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1:14AM

I didn't know that Generac made generators that small. They're well known for making generators on trailers to restore power to buildings and communication sites.

I'm not surprised that the Honda is quieter, that's a big selling point.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )