Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Oliva Master Blend III

What fantastic flavor this had! I wish I'd had a few of these over the summer to have at night after BBQs. Great pepper, aged tobacco flavors similar to Davidoffs. Mine had some issues with the draw, which I attributed to possibly the box-pressed construction, anybody else experience this? Full Review.

Comments

• Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Definitely one of my top ten..
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    This is one of my absolute favorites. I even bought a box of them a while back. I have had it in every size and only noticed a tight draw in on single cigar. Every other time it has had a perfect burn and draw. I think I have like 7 left in the bottom of my humi after trades and such from my box purchase. I might have to pull one out soon and see how they are doing.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear all the good reviews, I just received mine in the mail and they are sitting pretty in the humi right now. Waiting...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    interesting.

i find this to be one olivas weaker blends. i only enjoyed the serie O less.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    interesting.

Well then you need to try another one Kuzi. Cause these are not anybody's weaker blend. These things ROCK !!! Definately one of my TOP 3 all time sticks.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have never had a draw problem with any box press...
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I thought this was a fantastic cigar as well, but I had burn issues with it just past the halfway point. It's definitly in my top 10 cigars that I have had since I started though, even with the burn issue. I am hoping that this was a one time thing since I have 2 more in my humi.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I gotta chime in here and agree, the MB III is an absolutely fantastic cigar. I even like it more than the MBII. I've only had the robusto and torpedo, but none of the sticks I have had in either of those sizes had any issue whatsoever with draw or burn, construction has always been spot-on.
  • Options
    I finally tried one at a local Oliva event, and I have to agree. It is awesome. One of my top ten for sure.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had one over Christmas - frickin fantastic. I could see it in my top 10 as well. Though, I probably have 30 cigars in my top ten.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I had one recently and thought it was phenomenal! Everything about it was spot on...burn, draw, flavors and complexity. I really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I tried out one today. It was ok. Didn't really keep me interested.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I tried out one today. It was ok. Didn't really keep me interested.
    I am with Russ55 on this. Smoked my first MB3 tonight and it was a huge disappointment. Don't get me wrong, it was a quality stick and it was good however it had no complexity whatsoever. I kept waiting for something to change or happen but it stayed the same start to finish. I was told this was a step up from the Serie V but I disagree. While it had some kick it left me wishing I had another cigar with me. Oliva makes good quality cigars. The Serie O and Serie G were too mild for me but still good. The Serie V was great and I can't wait to try the maduro. I expected something called Master Blend to be a step above all other offerings but it wasn't. Have another one resting to revisit later this year.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had one of these today and thought it was very, very good. And strong, I felt it in my gut when I was done. It didn't stay the same the whole way through for my palate, I definitely noticed some flavors come and go and come back again, most noticably the spice. Very balanced and smooth. I just ordered some more!
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    As we post our opinions on these forums about specific cigars and preferences, the diversity of our palate's is often times mentioned. Some will prefer one cigar over another while others think that very same stick is terrible. This thread most definitely showcases the subjectivity of taste and preference. Again, while pointing this out is nothing new, it is still very interesting nonetheless.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    interesting.

Well then you need to try another one Kuzi. Cause these are not anybody's weaker blend. These things ROCK !!! Definately one of my TOP 3 all time sticks.
    lol, that's why I sent you at least one of mine if I remember... I wasn't a big fan of the 3's. I think I have a 2 or 1 that somebody sent me. I need to look but I might still have it. Up until the V's came out I wasn't very fond of Oliva cigars. Though I never have had a O maduro.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    As we post our opinions on these forums about specific cigars and preferences, the diversity of our palate's is often times mentioned. Some will prefer one cigar over another while others think that very same stick is terrible. This thread most definitely showcases the subjectivity of taste and preference. Again, while pointing this out is nothing new, it is still very interesting nonetheless.
    very true. I have found there are a couple people here who share my same tastes, though every now and again they throw me a left hook...