Home General Discussion
Options

New Job

The company I work for was bought out about a year ago. During their "restructuring" a lot of employees and managers took some huge pay-cuts ...as a manager my cut was about 60% , damn that hurt ! Anyways I have been talking to another company I worked for previously for about 2 years. Everything came together the end of this week and I start with my new 'old company' on Monday !!! Will be double at least and the potential to triple my income from where the other company cut me too.

This is by far the best Christmas present me and my family could have received. I am humbled and ecstatic at the same time...a prayer answered for sure .
I wish everyone who has lost jobs or as I did , taken huge pay cuts, finds a way to re-bound from their situation and I will be praying for all the BOTL's and SOTL's still hurting from this economy . Gene

Comments

• Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations!! I'm glad things are looking up for you and your family! It's always encouraging when a BOTL comes into some good fortune:)
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    gmill880:
    The company I work for was bought out about a year ago. During their "restructuring" a lot of employees and managers took some huge pay-cuts ...as a manager my cut was about 60% , damn that hurt ! Anyways I have been talking to another company I worked for previously for about 2 years. Everything came together the end of this week and I start with my new 'old company' on Monday !!! Will be double at least and the potential to triple my income from where the other company cut me too.

This is by far the best Christmas present me and my family could have received. I am humbled and ecstatic at the same time...a prayer answered for sure .
    I wish everyone who has lost jobs or as I did , taken huge pay cuts, finds a way to re-bound from their situation and I will be praying for all the BOTL's and SOTL's still hurting from this economy . Gene
    Huge congratulations! I'm certainly glad to hear about your good fortune, and hopefully there's even more of it in the near future.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    congrats, that's awesome. I got restructured and downsized this year so i'm hoping to have the same outcome as you. congratulations, now light up a big fat stick and kick back, you deserve it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks guys appreciate it ... hey dennis thats exactly what I plan on tonite !!!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Thanks guys appreciate it ... hey dennis thats exactly what I plan on tonite !!!
    right on. i think i'll have one for you as well.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    congrats Bro!!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Gene... Couldn't have happened to a nicer forum Avatar than you!
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Congrats!!! I lost my full time job 8 month ago...and I'm always glad to hear that things are going well for other BOTL. Send some luck my way, would you???
  • Options
    camgfs:
    Congrats!!! I lost my full time job 8 month ago...and I'm always glad to hear that things are going well for other BOTL. Send some luck my way, would you???

Here's hoping the best for ya brother ...thanks Lassy and Matt ...appreciate it
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man!! Glad to hear a BOTL is having some luck in this econimc toilet we are in. Great news for you and your family.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Gene

This is awesome news to hear man. I'm very glad you and your family have been so blessed. Thanks for sharing the good news!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say timing is everything, congrats and have a great Christmas!
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Congratulations man.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Hey Gene. Sorry I am late to the party... but CONGRATULATIONS bro'.

Way to go , I am sure the other company must have realized the value of your past work, and decided they needed you on board. Your new (old now) company perhaps should have thought long before cutting your wages by that amount. The fact that you didn't tell them to keep it and look for new work when you stayed should have made them think about the kind of employee they were treating that way. OK, my rant is over. Glad to see it will be a great Christmas season in your home this year, Gene. All the best to you and your family.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Congrats brother! I have been negotiating my contract which is up in July. I got myself another 10k so I understand your excitement!!!!
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    That's great news! Congrats to you and your family!

My factory has gone through a lot of cuts this last year but finally seems like things are turning around. Manufacturing lines are adding on crews, orders from auto manufacturers are increasing. Hopefully we're over the worst part of the economy crash...

• Options
    Thanks to everyone for the well wishes much appreciated
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    That is awesome news G-man! I am very happy for you and I must say it couldn't have happened for a nicer guy! Congrats brother!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm late to the party, but congratulations Geno...very happy for you and your family. Fire up a nice celebratory cigar.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I think a celebratory cigar order is in place. Give me a call to place your next order and I will throw in something extra special to help celebrate the new job.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Man I could use one of those new job things...
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

I second that Stephen. I've been without full time work for 8 months now....for the first time in my life. It sucks.
    Hang in there. It sounds like things may start to change.

• Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I think a celebratory cigar order is in place. Give me a call to place your next order and I will throw in something extra special to help celebrate the new job.
    I already have a job but I have just taken a rather impressive bowel movement... Can I get the same deal??? I can provide pics!
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:

Thanks a ton Andrew I hope to be able to make a call to ya Thursday - Gene
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Congrats gene! Good luck with the new job.

Andrew - you are the man

Lassie - Please post pics for proof!

• Options
    Thanks Guys ...CCOM Rocks !!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:

Andrew - you are the man

Scott. Don't encourage Lassie, His probation officer is working too hard as it is !
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ScottU:

Andrew - you are the man

Scott. Don't encourage Lassie, His probation officer is working too hard as it is !
    Ha! Probation Officer!!! You think that our Law Enforcement is THAT stupid!?!?!? I have an ankle bracelet, DUH!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    ScottU:

Andrew - you are the man

Ha! Probation Officer!!! You think that our Law Enforcement is THAT stupid!?!?!? I have an ankle bracelet, DUH!
    ... strapped to the leg of your favorite barstool. Still close enough to the house that they think you are always home.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    ScottU:

Andrew - you are the man

... strapped to the leg of your favorite barstool. Still close enough to the house that they think you are always home.
    Technically, the bar IS my home!