Home Ratings & Reviews

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte

I really LOVED this cigar. It's similar to the deisel, but much closer to the traditional, sweet maduro flavors. Mine burned a bit off-kilter but the flavor was just incredible. Anybody had this? I'm really digging the Penn. leaf that's hitting the market this year. Full Review (WBF)

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I bought 20 a while back, smoked 6 so far and really like the flavors.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I liked this one more than the Diesel or the Triple A. Good stick.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    hmmm, another cigar to put under the try pile. You people are really making it tough.
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    hmmm, another cigar to put under the try pile. You people are really making it tough.
    Well, in all fairness I wasn't crazy about either the Diesel or the Triple A, so my comment doesn't carry that much weight.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    What do you mean, 'you people?'
  • This is a great cigar, just had one today...my cold eased up just enough to taste. Very nice flavor, lots of smoke and felt great in the hand with it being very firm. No burn issues at all. Very nice smoke.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had one of these last night. Not the biggest fan of maduros, but this was absolutely amazing!! I may have another today because it is that good. This may be my new go to stick.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have 10 on the way. I will weigh in with my .02 when they get here.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    I hear ya, Squirrel. This one is on my list as well.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Yea I have been wanting to just try the La Herencia line in general ... hopefully they'll have a dotd on either soon but then again i can't fit anything else in the humi
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Good googly woogly these are good. Smoked on ROTT and first 1/2" was not impressed but man did that thing come on like a freight train. Flavor and strength just rolled over me. I had the 5x56, I would be interested in if the other sizes have a different flavor profile due to wrapper to filler ratio.
  • I have had several of the Salomons, and they are awesome. Really good stick for the price.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Just got some today on Tim's recommendation since he knew I liked the Diesel and AAA.
  • PederPeder Posts: 13
    fla-gypsy:
    I have 10 on the way. I will weigh in with my .02 when they get here.
    It took me a minute to figure out what ".02" meant...haha. I just got ten of these in myself. I smoked one this morning with my coffee and it was good.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    A while back, I did a mystery stick game with jdorais and he sent a La Harencia Cubana Oscuro Furte. Smoking that one blind was an excellent introduction. It was great smoking a $3 stick without any preconceived notions. The construction was great. The draw was perfect. The burn was razor sharp. It had strong flavors and a smooth, slightly oily finish. As I smoked it, the guys at the B&M were commenting on the look of the cigar. Their mouths were watering at the sight of it. Everyone was dying to know what it was.

LHCOF will be a regular for me.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • I got this stick on a daily deal and fully enjoyed it but toward the end I had coring issues it may have just been me but the middle began to burn mutch faster than the outside......but more than likely it was my fault.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    lilwing88:
    A while back, I did a mystery stick game with jdorais and he sent a La Harencia Cubana Oscuro Furte. Smoking that one blind was an excellent introduction. It was great smoking a $3 stick without any preconceived notions. The construction was great. The draw was perfect. The burn was razor sharp. It had strong flavors and a smooth, slightly oily finish. As I smoked it, the guys at the B&M were commenting on the look of the cigar. Their mouths were watering at the sight of it. Everyone was dying to know what it was.

LHCOF will be a regular for me.
    This stick in the toro size is one of my favorites. I think you just selected which cigar I'm gonna have tonight....if the weather holds.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I tried out the toro the other day. It was a nice stick but it took about an inch or so for the flavor to really come out. Other than that it was great. Flavor, aroma, draw, amount of smoke: all good. I think lean towards the Diesel of the Pennsylvania broadleafs I've tried (all but the Patel bros), but this is still a great stick.
    Wait until you try the Patel Bros Russ. In my opinion it blows the rest of them away.
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    I'm smoking one right now - really enjoying it! About 1/2 way through, the beginning was great, then it took a while to settle in but it's going good now. Still kinda a noob so I'm not sure what the flavor profile is but I can say I like it - like, this is what I think a cigar should taste like :) I've been trying to figure out what I like, and I enjoyed the Diesel (from my AJ Dirty Dozen sampler, too) so maybe these PA broadleaf maduros are what I'm looking for!
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I just got my box delivered today and I ordered them based off this thread. I havent had one yet but I am looking forward to it.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    its jammin right now...5 for 20
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    really hard to not pull the trigger on it I love this cigar but don't get paid till tomorrow, time to transfer funds!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    its jammin right now...5 for 20
    I got a fiver...wonder how the salomons will be???
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    somehow, I just had my first one today... not sure how I managed to not smoke one of these... I didn't like the original, so that had something to do with it... anyway... there is about to be an echo in here because I loved it... it's a nice smoke start to finish... had a nice build in flavor and nice aftertaste... and, as usual, it paired well with my diet A&W...

I think I expected it to be a bit stronger, but that is not to say that I am disappointed... It's nice to have a smoke that is inexpensive, has nice flavors and a perfect burn... did i mention the burn was perfect?

anyway, loved it... it's going to be in my rotation from here on out... I had the toro but I think I'm gonna try to get some robustos or torps...
    Nice Rob! These things have kinda fallen off the radar for the forum but they are one of my favorites and constantly getting re-ordered to keep a prominent spot in my humi. I've been getting these for stupid cheap lately, it seems like they are for sale all the time.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    yeah, i need to get some too... where are they so cheap... pm please... =)
    Dang, the 2 for 1 toro's are gone. pm'd