Home General Discussion
Options

Vegas Big Smoke

JZJZ Posts: 827
Has any BOTL's attended this event? I will be attending in 2010 along with some friends and would like to here what your thoughts and experiences have been.

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I've never been but would love to go. When & where is it being held next?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    my brother in law, a mutual friend, and i are trying for 2010 as well. I am trying to make some contacts so i can start a rep firm here in oregon
  • Options
    For the last 3 years it has been held at the Venetian in Las Vegas. I know it has been held in other locations as well. But I think Vegas is the ultimate location. If you have never been to Vegas, your missing out. I try to go 2 times per year. It is an awesome place and I can't wait til the next Big Smoke there. The next big smoke is Nov. 12th, 13th and 14th.
  • Options
    Oh I've been to Vegas before just never for the Big Smoke. I have heard about it and really wanted to go. Just never knew where or when it was held. I've gotta start saving up for next Nov. Thanks JZ.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    This sounds like a ton of fun! I will have to try to make it. I was in Vegas a few years ago (underage at the time) and I have always wanted to go back now that I can live the life!
  • Options
    E Let me know if you are going this coming year. It would be cool to party like rockstars out there!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    E Let me know if you are going this coming year. It would be cool to party like rockstars out there!
    You know it brother! I heard that I might be deploying around that time but if I don't you can count on me being there!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    my brother in law, a mutual friend, and i are trying for 2010 as well. I am trying to make some contacts so i can start a rep firm here in oregon
    for cigars?
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Oh I've been to Vegas before just never for the Big Smoke. I have heard about it and really wanted to go. Just never knew where or when it was held. I've gotta start saving up for next Nov. Thanks JZ.
    I set up my pay check to pull out money every check to cover the cost. I figured I would save $1000 up that way to cover the event/flight/hotel so that I dont have to use christmas money that late in the year. Its going to be an awesome trip! I'll be there in February too, but on business, although I'm going up early to have a small vacation.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    This year was my first time going. I did only the smoking event and did not do the convention for 250$, the price with the smoking event and convention was 550 and was too much for me but it is worth it. May be next year i will do both events. The line was so long but we got in fast. They gave us 25 cigars for free. One of the vendors ran out of cigars and they took our addreses and said they willl send us a cigar. I just got 3 of them in mail today. Free booz(cognac, tequila , whisky,whine), all you can drink, coffe drinks and free food(sanwiches, pasta, so on). I will definatelly do that thing again. The line at RP was so long because the man himself was there giving autographs in the company of two smoking blonds. What sucked is i forgot my camera and only took cell phone pics. They kicked us out around 9 and we move to Casa Fuente where most of the cogar lovers moved to finish the party. Had an OPUS X , some more single malts and mojitos and i was in heaven. Hopefully i will see you guys at the event next year :)
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    bigbgballz:
    This year was my first time going. I did only the smoking event and did not do the convention for 250$, the price with the smoking event and convention was 550 and was too much for me but it is worth it. May be next year i will do both events. The line was so long but we got in fast. They gave us 25 cigars for free. One of the vendors ran out of cigars and they took our addreses and said they willl send us a cigar. I just got 3 of them in mail today. Free booz(cognac, tequila , whisky,whine), all you can drink, coffe drinks and free food(sanwiches, pasta, so on). I will definatelly do that thing again. The line at RP was so long because the man himself was there giving autographs in the company of two smoking blonds. What sucked is i forgot my camera and only took cell phone pics. They kicked us out around 9 and we move to Casa Fuente where most of the cogar lovers moved to finish the party. Had an OPUS X , some more single malts and mojitos and i was in heaven. Hopefully i will see you guys at the event next year :)
    So they kicked u guys out at 9, what time did they let you in?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure everyone here would love to attend this even or one of the many others next year. We had discussed this in our Ccom BBM chat group recently. I am not sure what kind of financial shape I will be in when this rolls around next year but I would love to go. Would be great if we could make it a CCom herf for those who can attend. Would love to meet some of you guys.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Krieg:
    bigbgballz:
    So they kicked u guys out at 9, what time did they let you in?
    6 pm but if you purchase the whole package with the seminar you go to seminars saturday and sunday. Saturday was like from 9am to 3pm and sunday 9:30 to 1pm an then you can go to smokin event(6 to 9 on either friday or saturday) as well. Thats the better deal cause its only 300$ more. I would have loved to go but idnt have the cash at the time and brother in law treated me for the smokin event. Next year i am gettin the whole pakcage.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    dennisking:
    for cigars?
    yes. i would at least like to work for a rep firm that's territory is here in the NW but to have my own would be even cooler. do you happen to know anything I should know??
  • Options
    JZ:
    Sandman1am:
    I set up my pay check to pull out money every check to cover the cost. I figured I would save $1000 up that way to cover the event/flight/hotel so that I dont have to use christmas money that late in the year. Its going to be an awesome trip! I'll be there in February too, but on business, although I'm going up early to have a small vacation.
    JZ that is a great idea. I will have to look into doing that. It would be cool to meet up with some of the BOTL while there.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I am sure everyone here would love to attend this even or one of the many others next year. We had discussed this in our Ccom BBM chat group recently. I am not sure what kind of financial shape I will be in when this rolls around next year but I would love to go. Would be great if we could make it a CCom herf for those who can attend. Would love to meet some of you guys.
    Snake I saw somewhere that you guys have a BBM chat group but can't remember where. I just recently got a BB and would love to join up. Can you direct me where to go please?