Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Alec Bradley Tempus

Wow. Just wow. I've had these before, and always loved them, but it's been about a year since my last and just... unbelievable. I loved this cigar, such great flavor profile that changes just enough to make it fun, and amazing draw/smoke. Thoughts? Full Review!

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am also a fan of this cigar, and just had a Tempus Magistri. Great cigar, AR used darker wrappers for this particular size, and as always, it tasted GREAT. I actually liked it more than the other sizes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I've had these in several sizes and they all ROCK. These are some of Alec Bradley's best work. Had one last night. I am still waiting to try the Pryme. I ordered several samplers a few months ago, thought that the Pryme would be in them, but no such luck. I have been told they are as good or better then the Tempus, but it would be one GREAT cigar to be better then the Tempus' IMO.
  • Options
    I'm still a noob but this stick is on my top 5 list.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yup,good stick. I wish there was a sampler of all his blends.....
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    I am also a fan of this cigar, and just had a Tempus Magistri. Great cigar, AR used darker wrappers for this particular size, and as always, it tasted GREAT. I actually liked it more than the other sizes.
    I know you and me have similar tastes. How would you compare it to the Decade? Or to anything else by RP...
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    Krieg:
    I know you and me have similar tastes. How would you compare it to the Decade? Or to anything else by RP...
    I would have to say that the Tempus has a bit more spice to it than the Decade. Although, I think the best comparison would be RP Edge, which has be bit of spice at the beginining and then mellows out a little towards the middle, like the Tempus.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    There was actually, I think it was an email from Tim. 2 Tempus, 2 SCR, 2 MAXX, 2 MAXX Brazilian, 2 Harvest Selection.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    phobicsquirrel:
    There was actually, I think it was an email from Tim. 2 Tempus, 2 SCR, 2 MAXX, 2 MAXX Brazilian, 2 Harvest Selection.
    hmmm
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    I've had these in several sizes and they all ROCK. These are some of Alec Bradley's best work. Had one last night. I am still waiting to try the Pryme. I ordered several samplers a few months ago, thought that the Pryme would be in them, but no such luck. I have been told they are as good or better then the Tempus, but it would be one GREAT cigar to be better then the Tempus' IMO.
    Laker-Man, if you can get some Prymes, definately do. As far as I know, they quit making them, but they were an excellent cigar. I can't really say they were better than the Tempus (or that the Tempus is better than the Pryme) because they are very different. But if you are looking for a very satisfying, complex smoke, Pryme does the trick.

And as far as the Tempus, yeah, it really is a phenominal smoke. I smoked one of the Quadrums last night, I believe it is my favorite size. They are tied with Decades for my all-time favorite smoke. Has anyone else tried the Prensado yet? They are damn good too, but not quite on level with the Tempus IMO.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Man, you guys are making me drool on my keyboard. I've got a couple of Tempus in the humi and I'm trying to put a little rest under their belts before lighting them on fire, but you are making it hard. As soon as it's not 10 degrees outside with wind gusts of 30 I might have to light one of these babies...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Its been my experience with Tempus (plural Tempi?) that they really don't need age. I normally smoke them after I've had them a couple of days (to adjust humidity) and they are superb.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Its been my experience with Tempus (plural Tempi?) that they really don't need age. I normally smoke them after I've had them a couple of days (to adjust humidity) and they are superb.
    Tat may be true, but they do get better, in my experience, with a few (3-6) months of humi time. I smoked a Quandrum pretty fresh and was disappointed with it. To each their own of course, but I like mine rested.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I had one right from the shop and I enjoyed it. Good cigars in my book. I have one in the humi that's been in there a few months. Probably will be good too. I'm on the fence about getting a box of them though, need to smoke a couple more. 200 is a bit much...
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:
    I had one right from the shop and I enjoyed it. Good cigars in my book. I have one in the humi that's been in there a few months. Probably will be good too. I'm on the fence about getting a box of them though, need to smoke a couple more. 200 is a bit much...
    You seem to really be a box man! What's ur line of work, bro :)? I have never in my life been able to buy a box... I can rarely afford half as well... My hurts crunches thinking about the Liberty split we are doing LOL...
  • Options
    lol, no not really, though I do get boxes of cigars I like. seems to be cheaper than getting singles of a lot of them. I also do a bit of shopping around to get a good price.