Home Cigar 101

burping up bits of tabacco?

I just started to get into cigars. I have been smoking for just about a month. Today I was burping up alot of liquid and spitting it out and I noticed that in the clear liquid there was a lot of tiny bits of tabacco. I don't inhale the smoke so I'm not sure why I had a stomach full of tabacco. Anybody else have this problem?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Do you chew your cigars? I've gotten bits of loose tobacco in my mouth, but nothing like that.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    capginyu67:
    I just started to get into cigars. I have been smoking for just about a month. Today I was burping up alot of liquid and spitting it out and I noticed that in the clear liquid there was a lot of tiny bits of tabacco. I don't inhale the smoke so I'm not sure why I had a stomach full of tabacco. Anybody else have this problem?

Welcome to the Forum, don't forget to check out the Newbie Welcoming Thread!!

When you INHALE, air (and whatever else is in your mouth) goes in to your LUNGS.

When you SWALLOW, whatever is in your mouth will enter your STOMACH.

So, it sounds like your cigar was falling apart in your mouth and you were swallowing a few small pieces that broke off.
  • I do not chew the cigars. just breath in my mouth. Here is my guess. I use a cutter and probably it gets in my mouth and I swallow the pieces and not know it. It could have been a bad cigar. Maybe a punch would keep more tabacco out of my mouth.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Or a sharper cutter. :) When I got a Xicar cutter as a gift I realized how amazing it is to have a sharp cutter.

Also, welcome to the forums!
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968

I second the "sharp cutter" as possibly the problem. I also have a Xikar double guillotine cutter, and have NEVER had a problem with bits of tobacco being burped up.

The burping could be from eating while you smoke. Swallowing foods while enjoying a cigar can increase your intake of nicotine from the cigar into your body and cause you to burp after a smoke. Try some tumms or antacid and see if that stops it.

Welcome to the forum

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yeah I just got Xi2 and the cut is way better.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Glad to hear more folks are using the Xikar cutter...the Colibri cutrer is pretty sharp also. Sharp cutters don't leave bits of tobacco hanging around, Back to the original question...that sounds really weird...I hope this is only a momentary situation. I am interested to see how long the burping liquid and tobacco bits continued or if he thinks the problem was a dull cutter. From the cut did you notive tobacco bits falling off,,,do you hold it in your mouth and not let it rest between puffs? ...I better stop this is getting me paranoid...sry
  • I burp a lot sometimes, that's only because I have a hateful stomach that's trying to off me with it's acid. Nothing ever comes up past the neck line. Are you sure it was tobacco?
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    What kind of cigars are you having? If the cigars have short fillers, there may be a higher chance of bits ending up in your mouth.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    sightunseen:
    What kind of cigars are you having? If the cigars have short fillers, there may be a higher chance of bits ending up in your mouth.
    Thats a valid point.
  • GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    Tobacco beetles breeding in you stomach (just kidding!). Gotta figure everyone swallows a little tobacco every once in a while unless you spit every time you puff.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    are you swallowing or inhaling the smoke? you should be doing neither.