Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Patel Bros

Anyone try the new Patel Bros cigar yet. They have been out for a couple of weeks now but are hard to find. I picked up one at my local b&m and it was a great smoke. I hope Cigar.com has them soon.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had heard some people saying it is right up there with the Decade, and I've been wanting to try it. Hopefully they'll be stocking it at the B&M when we have the herf next Sat. Thanks for the testimonial, that will keep it fresh in my mind.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I actually have one resting in my humi right now, if you like the RP Winter Blend 08 (i think its the 2008), you will like this. It's the same cigar, just with a Penn Broadleaf Wrapper.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I have one in the humidor as well, looking for a good time to try it.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had one last week. It kicked my A$$. lol. It was my second cigar of the night and I was very tired, so probably not a good idea to smoke a full bodied cigar like that. Flavor was great - just a bit overwhelming with a mostly-empty stomach. The Padilla Dominus my friend was smoking at the same time had a very similar flavor, oddly enough, but the Dominus was not as full bodied. I'll have to have a Dominus this week to see for myself.
  • Options
    Well, I had one of these last night (robusto) and let me say, it is definitely one of the best RP's I've had. I am definitely going to be buying more of these. IMO, it ranks right up there with the Decade Torpedo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    I had one last week. It kicked my A$$. lol. It was my second cigar of the night and I was very tired, so probably not a good idea to smoke a full bodied cigar like that. Flavor was great - just a bit overwhelming with a mostly-empty stomach. The Padilla Dominus my friend was smoking at the same time had a very similar flavor, oddly enough, but the Dominus was not as full bodied. I'll have to have a Dominus this week to see for myself.
    Phil awww you can say my name you pay me enough $$$$ to be your friend Cha Ching!!! That one did kick your a** & as I remember it the Dominus had a very similar flavor but like you said was not quite as full bodied....then again that was my 2nd smoke of the day after that Triple Mad Camacho (YUMMY by the way). Oh and we did have a few adult drinks too.
  • Options
    I had one of these today courtesy of Tony. I was stunned with it, not only did the robusto last a good while but it was a great smoke, in my opinion the best thing Rocky Patel has made, better in my eyes than the Decade.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I had one of these today courtesy of Tony. I was stunned with it, not only did the robusto last a good while but it was a great smoke, in my opinion the best thing Rocky Patel has made, better in my eyes than the Decade.
    I will be adding a few of these to my next order after this. I only have one, from the cigar of the month club last month. I can't wait to try some of these now!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    I will be adding a few of these to my next order after this. I only have one, from the cigar of the month club last month. I can't wait to try some of these now!
    For anyone who's interested, I know a place that has a good price on RP Brothers boxes. Just PM me.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    For anyone who's interested, I know a place that has a good price on RP Brothers boxes. Just PM me.
    PM sent
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Thats a good endorsement from joz! If I remember correctly, your not a very big RP fan. I have a toro and super toro in the humi I cant wait to light up!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I think the robusto is the better than the beli, let me know what you think.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    I think the robusto is the better than the beli, let me know what you think.
    Will do, I'm going to be smoking that one tomorrow or the next day. Thanks again Tony, these are great.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Damn you guys!!! No I gotta try one of these! lol Something else for me to buy now!
  • Options
    It is christmas, by some for a christmas gift for yourself! although with that logic you can really cause some damage!