Home General Discussion
Options

Could anyone with a cabinet humidor post pics of the door?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I'm trying to draw up plans for a cabinet-style humidor and I'm having trouble visualizing the seal around the door. Would all of you kindly snap some pictures of your cabinet humidors and post them here? Pictures that show close-ups of the frame around the door and the backside of the door are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    somebody is planning something! I really wish I knew how to do wood working. And before Lasabar says anything I mean tree wood.
  • Options
    Trying anyways! Since I'm not working, and can't really do anything outside I decided I'm going to give it a shot and see how I do.

I'd like to do a double-door setup, but i have never seen a double-door cabinet humi up close, and I need to know how to draw up the doors to get a good seal without a center stile in the middle. Any pics are more than welcome though! Even single-door set-ups, as that could spark an idea.

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Try looking through this. This was an awesome project by Mr. Cabinetmaker that he shared with us earlier this year. Might help you with your project.

Cabinetmaker's Cool Cabinet
  • Options
    I wonder if he's got any input about the seal around the door...

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you look through this thread, on page 4, niz33 gives some pretty good pointers on how to seal the door of a humidor that isn't holding humidity and doesn't pass the dollar bill test. Strange that I remember where to find this stuff.

anyone have pics of your humidor setups?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me want to hire Cabinetmaker to build one for me. That is nice. I just have no wood working experience at all. If I had some hands on experience I would give it a go.
  • Options
    Yeah Clearly, I actually just bought some of that sticky-backed foam tape for my desktop humi because it's not holding Rh. Hopefully it comes soon so I can stop checking it so often.

I've been thinking that maybe I can make the carcass of the cabinet in such a way that I'll be able to put lapped polyester fabric with batting to make a built in weather strip where the door and drawer openings are.