Home Ratings & Reviews

Zino Platinum Scepter

urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
Has anybody tried these? They look/sound awfully tempting, especially the perfecto. But at the price, not being able to buy singles makes it a high-risk proposition to try them.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I just looked this one up and ccom has singles or the 12 count drum, all in stock and ready for you to buy.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Well I'll be damned. So they do. I ordered one, along some other onesie-twosies.

Still, has anybody had this cigar?
    urbino:
    Well I'll be damned. So they do. I ordered one, along some other onesie-twosies.

You mean you ordered two and had one sent to me, right? Ya know, for being the helpful kinda guy that I am. :) I've never had one, but I'll be interested to see how you like it and maybe I'll be inclined to buy one or two.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive never had one but ive heard mixed reviews.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hmmm... Well, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. At that price, it'll need to be pretty darn good for me to pony up for more of them. I'll let you guys know what I think after it's been in my humi for a while.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:

Hey urbi, no that's one i stayed away from mostly because of the price .. I don't know, it just hasn't really caught my interest, yet.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Hey Guys: I just put in an order for one of these. Has there been any update Urbino? HOw'd it go?
    ironhorse: We had discussed this cigar again in some other thread. My take on it was basically that it is a good cigar but not worth the price. I smoked the Grand Master (robusto) and found it to be a generally well constructed cigar, not perfect, with a good burn and good draw characteristics. The flavor was medium, if I recall correctly somewhat woodsy, maybe nutty, a little smokey....All in all I still contend that taken on its own it is a good cigar, when you factor in the price I think it falls short of the mark.