Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha micro batch

So These we re on the daily deal about a month ago so I picked them up. I must say they are one of the worst tasting cigars I have ever tried ! I was not pleased. Draw was ok but if I didn't stay on it it would go out and it just had a "dirty" taste to it..... I now have 3 of these left...... I think I will give them away to people that will not know the difference.... thats bad I know

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Sucks to hear you didn't enjoy them. Which blend was it? I had the TBP-1 recently and I found it to be quite tasty.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Gurkha Micro-Batch TPB-1 Box-Pressed Lancero. The same ones as you had... hhmmm now this makes me wonder... maybe I had a bad one. I have a few more. I will try another one before I discard it as junk... It just seemed to me that there was not a lot of flavor and the flavors I were getting were kind of dirty tasting. I know that does not explain much... I can't put my finger on in but I really did not care for it.

Mine had about two months rest in the humi, so that could make a difference. I got cedary sweetness with a little bit of spice when I had it.

On the other hand, it could just be a case of personal preference. For me, I am not the biggest fan of Pepin cigars since they are so peppery, but other people won't smoke anything else.

If you still don't like the TPB-1 after trying another, perhaps I have something I can trade with you.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I never tried the tb1, had 2 of them, the churchill and torp, actually bought boxes. I like them, not the best but good for the price.
    sightunseen Im gonna try another one. My boss had mentioned something about trading but he never comes through so if i don't like it I will def. trade up !
    sightunseen:

Mine had about two months rest in the humi, so that could make a difference. I got cedary sweetness with a little bit of spice when I had it.

On the other hand, it could just be a case of personal preference. For me, I am not the biggest fan of Pepin cigars since they are so peppery, but other people won't smoke anything else.

If you still don't like the TPB-1 after trying another, perhaps I have something I can trade with you.

my boss had mentioned trading but he never comes through so I am going to try another one and if I don't care for if I will def. trade !
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The S-2 torpedos are great, I bought 5 boxes of them.
  • +1 Great smoke those S2 Torps
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I really liked the TPB-1 and the VH-7. The other S-2 and C-10, however, weren't very enjoyable.

While we're talking about the Micro-batches....what kind of name is 'TPB-1' or 'S-2' for a cigar? I mean, it sounds like I'm talking about fighterjets or something.
    MAJORdorMo:
    I really liked the TPB-1 and the VH-7. The other S-2 and C-10, however, weren't very enjoyable.

While we're talking about the Micro-batches....what kind of name is 'TPB-1' or 'S-2' for a cigar? I mean, it sounds like I'm talking about fighterjets or somet hing.
    Ha thats what I was thinking.. Anyways my boss is supposedly bringing me a few cohida habanas for them tomorrow. We will see. I'm excited

MAJORdorMo:

While we're talking about the Micro-batches....what kind of name is 'TPB-1' or 'S-2' for a cigar? I mean, it sounds like I'm talking about fighterjets or something.

TPB-1, S-2, H1N1, etc.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:

I think that's kinda the point. "Gurkhas" were originally made by British soldiers for their own enjoyment. Guess they're just trying to put a little modern day military spin on it.

"At the height of the British rule in India, colonial soldiers began to make their own cigars from the local tobacco. The fondness of the British for these legendary Nepalese fighters inspired them to name their cigars “ Gurkhas.”

After the rule of the Raja Waned, British expatriates living in India continued to smoke Gurkhas produced in the Portuguese territory of Goa. Eventually, However, The Gurkha cigars simply lapsed into obscurity.

Steeped in legend and history, the Gurkha cigars, created more than a century ago has been reborn and remains true to its roots in faraway India. Today, the legend lives on in the premium brand cigars “ Gurkha.”"
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised you didn't like the sticks, I haven't had 1 ghurka yet that I liked. I really thinking about getting rid of the rest of the ones I got.

"Long ashes my friends."

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    some people just don't like them. But also they probably have the largest list of cigars out there and there has been a good number of them I wasn't impressed with.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cabinetmaker:
    The S-2 torpedos are great, I bought 5 boxes of them.

Cabbi you still not filled up that sweet humi you made yet !?!?!?