Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Dreams

So a few nights ago I was expecting a verrrry special box of cigars there were going to be hand delivered. I was also looking for a package from Evan & my holiday pass. I had a few days off from work and the anticipation amplified because I didn't have anything to take my mind off from cigars. It probably didn't help that I was on this forum and stopped in to the local B&M's just to see if they had anything new.

I work early in the morning so I attempted to go to bed at a decent time so I could be rested. I closed my eyes and all I saw was cigars. I rolled over and then I saw a drop down menu of cigars. I went to get a drink of water, the bathroom, then back to bed. I closed my eyes and again cigars. When I finally "slept" I had dreams about you guessed it cigars!

I went to work tired as chit because it felt like I never went to bed. Next night I had a late meeting & after the meeting we went out for 1 beer & I thought man am I ever gonna sleep like a baby. I really needed the sleep too because I had to be up early again for work. I fell asleep fairly easy but woke up a few times because I had NIGHTMARES about cigars!

So once again I went to work tired. After a long hard bad day I got the call that my special box was in & they wanted me to come pick them up. I went got my lovely sexy box of tasty sticks. I then dropped off my truck to get worked on (costing me an arm & leg) and got this piece of junk loaner car. It's a 1990's blue olds shaggon waggon. Of course I got made fun of by my neighbors for it too. I made my way home in a better mood but still kinda angry about work. I pulled into the driveway and saw 2 large boxes waiting for me. They were the holiday pass & package from Evan. I even got a check in the mail I wasn't expecting!!!

So to make a short story long I had an awesome end of the day. Oh and no more nightmares or tossing & turning thinking about cigars. I just want to thank you all for reading my post as I can not afford to go to a Therapy. Also wanted to know if anyone has had anything like this happen to them or am I just losing it?????

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I guess that answers the question , " Do you find yourself obsessing about cigars. " .... I think you already lost it Sandman.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I once had a terrible dream that my humi filled with water overnight and killed all of my stogies. Woke up the next morning and the first thing I did was check to see if the nightmare was real. I think I'm in a bit too deep into this hobby...
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Sandman1am:
    Also wanted to know if anyone has had anything like this happen to them or am I just losing it?????
    Yep! It's pretty evident you're losing there buddy!

J/K ... sure we all got a story or 2 like that in the ol' vault. At least your day ended nicely and hopefully you did/are enjoying some good sticks right about now! :)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a coincidence. I had a dream about cigars last night. My cigar dreams have always been good. I often dream about work and wake up tired as hell as if I had actually been working.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    When I was brand new to the hobby, I dreamed about cigars almost every night. It's bound to happen when most every waking hour is spent reading about cigars. Now it's only 2 or 3 times a week that I dream about cigars... So either you're not crazy, or I'm just plain bonkers myself.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think you are quite normal actually. I love smoking cigars and constantly think about them. I also had dreams good and bad. My last dream was a bad one...I dreamt that my humi became infested with tobacco beetles!! I woke up in the middle of the night and checked on my sticks, if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kaspera79:
    I guess that answers the question , " Do you find yourself obsessing about cigars. " .... I think you already lost it Sandman.
    I do think you are right maybe a little obsessive....& yup def. lost it somewhere
  • Options
    Smokeee:
    Sandman1am:
    Also wanted to know if anyone has had anything like this happen to them or am I just losing it?????
    Yep! It's pretty evident you're losing there buddy!

J/K ... sure we all got a story or 2 like that in the ol' vault. At least your day ended nicely and hopefully you did/are enjoying some good sticks right about now! :)
    Smoke I haven't actually had any of the new one's yet. I'm being good and letting them rest/adjust after being in the mail etc. I will probably open the box Wed. when my dad gets in!
  • Options
    Krieg:
    I think you are quite normal actually. I love smoking cigars and constantly think about them. I also had dreams good and bad. My last dream was a bad one...I dreamt that my humi became infested with tobacco beetles!! I woke up in the middle of the night and checked on my sticks, if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep.
    Wow all this talk about water & beetles has me wanting to go check my humi right now. Too bad I am at work right now. I will have to rush home after work & make sure they are ok!!! Krieg I don't think I would have been able to go back to bed without checking them either. LOL