Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Pass 2010

It has been a full year since the pass 33 1/3 and I want to start a new one for the upcoming year. As for a theme I was thinking about doing a country vs country vs country pass. Each bag would be labled with the country that the sticks are from and you can pick 2ish from each bag. I am totally open to suggestions and would like to get a list of interested people together by 2010 so we can get this thing rolling.

kingjk729
fourtotheflush
Krieg
JZ
alienmisprint
Firetruckguy
Bass
Hays
lilwing88
Jsnake
ejenne87
Goldy

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Can you elaborate a little more on this? I wasn't around for what ever it is you are talking about. Thanks!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Sure thing, basically everyone interested gets their address on a list and I fill a box with cigars outlined in the first post. I then send that box of 20-25 sticks to the first guy on the list and he takes 2ish from each bag and replaces the sticks with ones that are equal or greater in value. The last person on the list sends it back to the person who started it.

Standard pass and game rules apply (25 posts or good trader list).
    count me in. when are you looking at getting this thing started?
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I'm always up for a good pass. Count me in.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    sounds fun iam in
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    So when you say cigars from a certain country, are you only talking about cigars made 100% tobacco from that country? I am interested, just wanna get some details before I sign up.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    So when you say cigars from a certain country, are you only talking about cigars made 100% tobacco from that country? I am interested, just wanna get some details before I sign up.

This would be open to discussion but I would rather not be a stickler for puros. The way I would go about this is to look up the country of make and put them into that countrys bag. I was thinking of 3 countries including Nicaragua, Dominican Republic and Honduras but if I am overlooking a major one we can always expand it to 4 bags.

Ideally this would get into the post by the first week of 2010.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Interesting...I would like a little more info 1st before I sign up. Just want all the details so I understand what I am getting into. Once it's all set I will probably sign up.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I think I might be interested...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Sorry alien ..... but no extra terrestrials aloud ......
    Ok, right now we have

ejenne87
    Bass
    kingjk729
    Krieg
    alienmisprint
    Hays
    lilwing88
    and possibly Sandman

I would like to keep enrollment open until the 1st of the year just to give everyone a chance to see the thread with xmas and all coming up. Plus that gives me extra time to get additional sticks.

Once we get a list of names I'll put together a logical order based on geographical location for shipping and send er off.
    I don't mean to be a pain in the @$$ here, but I should prolly be last. I want to be sure I am home to get these or else they might get lost in the mail here in Afghanistan and we will never see them again. Maybe whoever is supposed to send them to me can hold them for a bit if need be so I can make sure I am home? If this is too much of a hassel and you need to exclude me then no worries, I'll catch it the next time around.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Now that you mention it Evan... Does anyone remember a package similar to this one that made a long trip and then got "Lost" .. about a year or so ago.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the last pass we did was the one I hosted back in May/June/July time, and it went through with no hiccups. The pass before that also went okay, but I believe it took a while to get around to everyone due to some shipping issues or something. But, I have only been a member here for not quite a year.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Now that you mention it Evan... Does anyone remember a package similar to this one that made a long trip and then got "Lost" .. about a year or so ago.
    You mean the one where the guy had his secretary mail some packages and she stole them all for the valuables? Some people.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    You mean the one where the guy had his secretary mail some packages and she stole them all for the valuables? Some people.
    ...Thats the one. Did that ever get resolved ? I knew you would remember Joe. It seems there was a stretch of missing packages or unsent F&G s, and they always involved Joe getting screwed ( in a bad way).
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    ...Thats the one. Did that ever get resolved ? I knew you would remember Joe. It seems there was a stretch of missing packages or unsent F&G s, and they always involved Joe getting screwed ( in a bad way).
    I seem to recall the guy working something out with Maddy to compensate the loss, but he'd have to chime in for sure about that. As unfortunate as it was, the guy was standup about the whole thing, and he made good on the FnG pack of mine that got stolen with everything else.
    I think that was the first pass. There is a no secretary rule in effect and sending with a confirmation number is a must due to the size of that package.

Evan, these passes can take a few months to complete so if you come home for a week or two we can always move the list order around to accomidate you. Not a problem at all.
    Goldy:
    I think that was the first pass. There is a no secretary rule in effect and sending with a confirmation number is a must due to the size of that package.

Evan, these passes can take a few months to complete so if you come home for a week or two we can always move the list order around to accomidate you. Not a problem at all.
    In that case there shouldn't be a problem. Just put me near the end of the list if you can. I'll be home in about a month, and I should be in NC for about 2 months after that. I will be taking leave most likely in March, but that shouldn't slow anything down. I will be either in Texas or NY so if that is the case I will get the new address to whoever needs it. Thanks guys
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Count me in too!
    Goldy I know you want everyone to sign up by the new year. If you clarify the rules I'm sure you might have a few more that would jump on this. Sounds like a great idea.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    [In that case there shouldn't be a problem. Just put me near the end of the list if you can. I'll be home in about a month, and I should be in NC for about 2 months after that. I will be taking leave most likely in March, but that shouldn't slow anything down. I will be either in Texas or NY so if that is the case I will get the new address to whoever needs it. Thanks guys
    If you go to Texas, where will it be?
    Sandman1am:
    Goldy I know you want everyone to sign up by the new year. If you clarify the rules I'm sure you might have a few more that would jump on this. Sounds like a great idea.

Let me know if there is a specific area you are fuzzy on. I'll try to describe it better below.

Once everyone signs up you PM me your address and I make a list of who is in and where they live. I then fill a box with 20-25 sticks in three different bags labled Dominican, Nic, and Honduras. Then I send it to the first person on the list (with a tracking number) who takes out 2ish sticks from each bag and replaces them with similar sticks. That person then sends the package to the next person on the list and it continues. Inside the box I will include a hardcopy of the people involved and their addresses. I think I will also include a paper for puts and takes where you can record what you put in and what you take out. In the past they have just posted what they put and took but then there is no real supprise once you get the box. The catch is that you need to know where your sticks come from. All I do is look the stick up on ccom and it says the country and wrapper.

let me know if I am missing anything.
    rdnstn:
    ejenne87:
    [In that case there shouldn't be a problem. Just put me near the end of the list if you can. I'll be home in about a month, and I should be in NC for about 2 months after that. I will be taking leave most likely in March, but that shouldn't slow anything down. I will be either in Texas or NY so if that is the case I will get the new address to whoever needs it. Thanks guys
    If you go to Texas, where will it be?
    Austin, San Antonio, Laredo. Maybe even El Paso. Where in Texas are you?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want in but would like to be closer to the bottom.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im in and can go anywhere on the list.
    If you guys want to send me your addresses I can start making a route. Also, I have placed the guest list on the first page so we can track it easier.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I think I read somewhere there is a minimum post amount to get into the games and such.....is this correct?
    Goldy:
    If you guys want to send me your addresses I can start making a route. Also, I have placed the guest list on the first page so we can track it easier.
    Goldy sounds like a fun game but count me out on this one....maybe next year.