Home General Discussion
Options

What did you do Today??

This tread might go well with the "what did you smoke today" and "what did you get today" treads, most days involve cigars but yes...whats everybody doen?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    County never plowed my cul-de-sac.... so I'm home from work.
    My little car wouldn't even make it out of the driveway. On the list of things to do today.
    Videogames
    Girlfriend
    Practice Guitar
    Lift weights
    Shop for cigar/ Pipe Stuff
    I love the internet.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Slept very little. Been trying to get this little girl to sleep but she's sick and having trouble breathing. Going to the doctor today. Hope he has better answers this week than he did last week.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Time to decorate the tree, fix the rear defrost on the car and last minute Xmas shopping. Too darn cold to smoke a cigar today.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Slept very little. Been trying to get this little girl to sleep but she's sick and having trouble breathing. Going to the doctor today. Hope he has better answers this week than he did last week.

Hey man I hope your baby is OK and feeling better soon.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Long day at work today, half day tomorrow then I head to the allergy doc. HOPEFULLY they can find out why ive been totally stuffed up for the past... 4 years. Really bad over the past 2 months... still havent had a cigar in that long. Might have a trip up to the girlfriends parents cabin xmass day for the weekend. Would be nice to be able to smoke by then.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey Suspect...hope all goes well with the little one...all prayers with her.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    wrapping the better half's x-mas presents today.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey fellas, thank you so much for you concerns. I'm sure she's just fine. She's been this way for a few days now and we haven't seen any major symptoms that would indicate she needs urgent care. From what I've read, she's showing normal symptoms for an infant under 3 months old and I'm hoping the doctor confirms that. We're just newbie parents and we're learning how to and how not to treat her symptoms.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am working on kids' bedrooms. 4 month old is too big for his bassinet so we got him a crib. Had to move my middle son into the sub-basement with my older son. Trying to get all of their stuff organized as well as the baby's bedroom. Not enough time in the day.
  • Options
    Ahh great thread ...As santra said...Do be do be do...........
    Anyways... I hauled my astrix into town and scored myself and new CPU, and a stetson sovereign
    Hurray for me...With 2 computers , double bed, and a fish tank in my room Iv got about 2 ft of walking space...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    clearlysuspect:
    Hey fellas, thank you so much for you concerns. I'm sure she's just fine. She's been this way for a few days now and we haven't seen any major symptoms that would indicate she needs urgent care. From what I've read, she's showing normal symptoms for an infant under 3 months old and I'm hoping the doctor confirms that. We're just newbie parents and we're learning how to and how not to treat her symptoms.
    For a child that young to be sick, she probably picked up the common cold. She also could have the RSV virus which messes them up for a few days and the doctor may recommend a breathing treatment which is easy and makes them breathe better almost instantly. She may also have something called roseola. This is very similar to a cold but comes with a rash that will make them look like they have the chickenpox. Hopefully it is one of these because she'll be better by Christmas. Hope everything goes well and keep us updated. As a father of two young girls, I hate to see little kids sick. You feel so useless because there isn't much you can do.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Same here, my son had trouble breathing saturday night. I got him up and we turned on the shower for some old fashioned steam. Seemed to work very well. Hope your little girl feels better soon.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man... this is just the sicky season eh? And so soon before Christmas too. Sorry to hear about everybody's ills...

Hanging out at home with an obnoxiously sick fiance (sick, but now feeling better enough to be bratty), and trying to watch my two nieces at the same time... Not the most fun thing, I assure you..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Today: played online games, sent some mail, got a new aquatic plant for the fish tank,got a new hat the bought a new hat(my vintage hat hobbie is rivaling with my cigar hobby). Read about catfish , had a smoke , and now I'm off to watch some George formby movies
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Today: played online games, sent some mail, got a new aquatic plant for the fish tank,got a new hat the bought a new hat(my vintage hat hobbie is rivaling with my cigar hobby). Read about catfish , had a smoke , and now I'm off to watch some George formby movies
    Ha, funny. I wouldn't say I collect hats, but I do have a favorite, a large guiness had that is like the mad hatter hat from alice in wonderland. picked up on st. patties day a few years ago from a bar.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Took it easy today, but had to drive someone to work. On a detour to the post office, I hit a dog. The lady walking the dog had it on a 20 foot leash, so the dog jumped the snowbank and ran out into the road, hitting the side of my vehicle. The dog and her handler both survived, but not without a piece of my mind about the length of the leash! Played 'taxi' for a bit more and now I'm going out to enjoy a smoke. Well deserved at that!

• Options
    Got my car stuck again... few hours later got my car unstuck.
    started heading to work then my boss called and said spend time with your family.
    Went to a few stores picked up the new robot chicken DVD
    Stopped by the B&M talked for a while got some stuff.
    Got home watched District 9.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mailed 5 cigar bombs. TICK...TICK...TICK...TICK...TICK
  • Options
    Today I.... Killed zombies online, cleaned a hat(wow it looks nice), got a new hat,took some photos of hats I entend to auction on eBay and now I'm having a fine sol cubano Cuban cab in a warm and toasty garage!! Video games,fine dress hats and fine cigars ..some kings don't even live with the much luxtury!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    so from now on we must refer to you as .... Your Royal Majesty ? But a True King would have all the Zombies killed by his underlings.
  • Options
    Nahh this is more "sport " Zombie Killing" kidda like fox hunting, kings loooovvvve fox hunting
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Ok, so this Christmas I was asked to cook the Christmas ham. So naturally, if I'm gonna do something I ain't gonna do it half assed. So I packed up my Weber Smoky Mountain smoker and hauled it over to my parents house were the big family gathering happens every year. I decided to use a maple bourbon recipe for the ham. So I went to the store and bought a bottle of Makers Mark (god I love that whiskey) Anyways...covered the ham the night before in a maple/bourbon mixed paste and then let it sit. Next morning fired up the smoker and put on the ham w/ some hickory for the smokewood. The glaze was also made from pure maple syrup and MM. It was done after about 5 hours and by that point everyone was smelling it and the mouths were watering. After dinner, there wasn't much ham left, which is always a good sign to the chef. It was my first Christmas ham, but now I doubt it will be my last. Just next year, I will just need to remember to bring some smokes with me to enjoy while it's cooking!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    That sounds delicious man as I'm sure it was
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I went about an hour south to my side of the family's christmas party... Had a good number of beers and played cards.... Now home and off to work tomorrow at 8am
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I ate too much and slipped into a food induced coma.
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    went to mom and dad's for family christmas. afterwards my son and his wife came over and we played dogopoly. and then the fun began; had to be at work at 6pm to start a 12 hr shift.
  • Options
    I worked at 8am and dealt with all the returns and people coming in with Gift Cards... VERY BUSY DAY!

Just wish no one would return anything... and just BUY!!!! C'Mon GUYS!!!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Drove to Southeast Virginia to have Christmas with the Girlfriend's fam. Wonder if Maddy is in town?
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Lasabar:
    I worked at 8am and dealt with all the returns and people coming in with Gift Cards... VERY BUSY DAY!

This is why I took a vacation day today. I don't go back until Monday. What did I do today? I've watched Band of Brothers all day long. And I got paid for it! Well, not really, because the time went in at the beginning of the week. I like to think I did though, lol. As soon as part ten is over, I'm firing up some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I might fire up another cigar as well, I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:

This is why I took a vacation day today. I don't go back until Monday. What did I do today? I've watched Band of Brothers all day long. And I got paid for it! Well, not really, because the time went in at the beginning of the week. I like to think I did though, lol. As soon as part ten is over, I'm firing up some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I might fire up another cigar as well, I haven't decided yet.
    You just described my own personal heaven...

P.S. the best line from that whole series is
    "You salute the position, not the man."