Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Strange Mysterious Package?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today I get an envelope from Washington. Inside I find 8 sticks in cello and individually in baggies that are numbered. There are no labels. There is no return address, telephone number, or name of the person who sent it. There is a note with a little info on what each stick is by number. Says to test the cigars and write down what I like or dislike about each and the information would be collected from me later.

Is this a game we play here?
Did one of you guys send this?
I am on the fence on what to do with these. I have them separated and away from my cigars still sealed in their baggies. I think you can all feel my dilemma here. I hate to throw away a good stick but I am not going to light up something coming from who knows where. Wouldn't be smart. They do look good though. any info would be much appreciated.

PS - not from any new cigar companies that I am trying to do independent rep work for.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm Jake. Plain Envelope, No company letter head. Hand written ? Most guys here send stuff in boxes, but it could be someone "in the holiday spirit" from the forum. Maybe just a plain old mystery bomb. Let's see who lives in Washington ?
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    kinda crazy, kinda cool though
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The note is 2 pages either photocopied or printed off a computer. The 2nd page has a guide on what to look for in a cigar. Good info.

These sticks look good. I have a suspicion but that person hasn't responded to my PM yet. I can't think of anyone I know in WA but I don't know everyone here so.

I just want an assurance that these are legit and okay to smoke. If it is a package from a BOTL then I am way grateful and happy to test out some cigars.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Well, it wasn't from me if that helps, lol.
    Here is a pic of the package. I have asked around everywhere and no one is coming forward. My wife thinks I should toss them.

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    If you are going to toss them you could send them to me. I have a few high tech tools at work that might be fun to run on a cigar. I also have a few low tech tools like a lighter and a cutter..
    Yeah I hate to see them go to waste. I am thinking it is a mystery cigar game from someone. They just aren't fessing up so I know they are safe. If it comes down to that I will pass them on and since you asked first if you really want they will go to you. But first let me sit on them a bit to make sure it wasn't a gift/game from someone.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    get a monkey and have it take a few test puffs, just to be safe... how strange to get something like this. I think the thing we had going on was a more planned thing.
    I figured if it was a mystery stick game someone would say something or include their name at least.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I can't think of who they would be from, but I think they are probably safe. If somebody was trying to pull a fsat one, I don't think they would have went through all the trouble to make it a mystery of what the sticks are.

If someone wants to send me a pm about this though so that I can reassure jsnake that they are ok, go for it and I promise not to reveal the secret.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    If it's not from this forum, do you involve yourself on other websites that have similar games. I think anyone here would have said something by now knowing your apprehension. The baggies make me think it is a person not a company promoting their products, also if it was a marketing group they would identify themself as such. Very curious.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Snake, werent you a LEO in the past?? You can go to a fire department and ask them to scan them. The handheld detector will let you know what if anything is inside.
    JZ:
    Snake, werent you a LEO in the past?? You can go to a fire department and ask them to scan them. The handheld detector will let you know what if anything is inside.
    Yeah I was and I have friends here at the Fire Department. I didn't know they had anything to scan stuff with but I will ask. If they do I can get them checked out. I hate to sound paranoid or ungrateful but you have to be careful. I was in law enforcement so I am pretty cautious about things. I am sure there is probably no ill intention here at all.

I did start getting into another cigar forum. They love to bomb the crap out of the noobs so I have received a ton of love. I can't find a mystery stick game and have asked there too. No one has a clue. I have asked everyone I could think of and no one know a thing.

I am not throwing them out. Keeping them separate from my sticks and sitting on them for at least a couple weeks to see if someone asks about them.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    How do they look? Do they look like well constructed high quality sticks or are they a little worse for the wear?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    It's the dish to pass at work that looks so good but no one know's where it came from.....Who's gonna take the 1st bite? I like the monkey idea but didn't someone lose a face over that? You already have a 3 leg dog so I wouldn't give him a puff....I hate little birds they wake me up in the morning so you can't just light them up & see if they die (or could you).....oh wait you have kids in the neighbor hood that you don't like right? NOPE I've got no GOOD ideas!!!
    They all look like really good sticks physically. I looked them all over really good and have to say they look good enough to smoke =)
    Monkey man, get the monkey......
    phobicsquirrel:
    This is a good excuse to finally get that monkey I have been dreaming of. I just might do it.
    jsnake:
    phobicsquirrel:
    This is a good excuse to finally get that monkey I have been dreaming of. I just might do it.
    Spank that monkey.
    sorry, I couldn't resist that
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'd say even if it is something FUNKY in it... Why not!

Make it a HAPPY holiday!
    jsnake:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol... Ah, you guys ever see the trunk monkey commercials? Love them!
    phobicsquirrel:
    jsnake:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol... Ah, you guys ever see the trunk monkey commercials? Love them!
    I have, what dealership was that? those commercials were funny as hell
    Still no idea where these came from. No one has contacted me for my opinion. I posted and asked everywhere so I am left to send these on to someone else. Though I am sure they are fine I just won't smoke them. As soon as I can afford to ship them they are heading out.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    from the picture one of them looks like a diesel. Im thinking someone from your other forum bombed you.
    could the cigarnut have bombed you by chance maybe looking for more guest editorial material.
    I have checked with all friends and the other forum I participate in. No one has come forward. The Cigar Nut sends me stuff with his name and address on it and from St. Louis. This came from Washington state. According to the mail company it was dropped off at the person's name was Mary Scheff. I asked all the people I network with.