Home General Discussion
Options

Poor customer service

I just wanted to let buyers know that cigars.com does not stand behind their shipments... I purchased my item nearly 3 weeks ago and it has yet to arrive!  I have called 4-5 times, and in each case I was told there was nothing they could (or would) do to resolve my issue.  They took my money, but three weeks later- no product and no effort to make it right.  POOR customer service philosophy.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's unfortunate, but just about everyone here will tell you they have great customer service, myself included. I don't know what to say beyond that, but I haven't had a problem once in the 2 years I've been buying from cigar.com.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    smcentee:
    I just wanted to let buyers know that cigars.com does not stand behind their shipments... I purchased my item nearly 3 weeks ago and it has yet to arrive!  I have called 4-5 times, and in each case I was told there was nothing they could (or would) do to resolve my issue.  They took my money, but three weeks later- no product and no effort to make it right.  POOR customer service philosophy.

Are you referring to cigar.com or cigars.com? Cigars.com actually leads to jrcigars.com and jrcigars.com is a different/seperate company from this one. This company (cigar.com) has a reputation of going out of their way to accommodate their clients. Hope you are able to resolve this whoever the company may be.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I don't believe this. I have had nothing but great experiences with cigar.com. I bet this is just an attempt to smear a good name. I have been buying from them since at least 2004 but I'm guess earlier than that.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    each order has a tracking number, what does your tracking info tell you on the account page under order history. was it shipped ups or uspostal.
    i'm calling BS on this deal
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Who is this guy and what is he talking about?
    Ccom is freaking great I've only been here a short while but it's been nothing but amazing so far.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Something doesn't smell right. We constantly get guys on this board that have had the same problem and ccom has taken care of them. Why you? I have a feeling you are either a fake, or you messed up somehow and want them to take care of your problem. With today's technology, this kind of thing can be fixed in seconds.
  • Options
    probably the same troll that has gum cancer, hates Joz3r, and trashed the goodbye thread for Rennaisance Man. Trolls man, I tell ya. Is this how Thompson Cigars thinks they will get more customers....... hahahaha
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    im betting the package was delivered but the guy deoesnt have it, or at least CLAIMS not to have it.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    You're trying to bash the wrong guys...cigars.com is not the same as cigar.com.... Cigar.com as my BOTL will tell you goes the extra mile for their customers!!!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Thompsoncigars.com....who are they...ROFL,,,
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I think this is BS as well. Maybe you ordered something out of stock, but 3 weeks isnt really believable. If that were the case they would be bending over backwards to correct the problem.

Edited

Sorry bro, I misread your post. Jrcigars does in fact take some time to get your order in. They have a cool b & m but online cannot compete with here!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know that about cigars.com... lol. yeah ccom is great with their service.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I sounds like many of you have miss-read the first post. I don't think he's trying to bash ccom at all! I think he's trying to let us know that he was not happy with cigars dot com and wants to make sure that we don't make the same mistake. Read his post again with that point of view, and I think you will all look at it differently.

Either that, or I'm out to lunch.....again.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    maybe but why post here? anyway, a lot of people have/had issues with the T place....
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    smcentee:
    I just wanted to let buyers

Whoa whoa whoa, first off, I'm not a "buyer", I'm an incredibly valued customer who spends WAY too much time in the forum as a Brother Of The Leaf

smcentee:
    know that cigars.com does not stand behind their shipments

And you're damn right they don't, that's why I'm a loyal CIGAR.COM member for life!!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It is quite obvious he cannot be talking about ccom because their CS is fantastic!
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Hi smcentee. Let me help you. PM sent!

• Options

Sarah, I see that your order from 12/09/09 was split into two shipments.  The first part was delivered on 12/16/09 at 2.11 pm to your front door.  The second part, which was a lighter, shipped Parcel Post due to hazardous material regulations and can take 10-15 business days to arrive.  I apologize for the long wait but I assure you the lighter will arrive soon.  In fact I will ship you a free lighter for the inconvenience.  Please expect that much sooner as I will drain it of butane before shipping. 

I apologize again for the long wait time on the lighter.  I will refund your shipping cost asap.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to contact me directly at tblythe at cigar.com.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice one Tim. You guys blow me away with how quickly and thoroughly you take care of things. Nobody can claim poor customer service from cigar.com, those words don't belong in the same sentence.
  • Options
    timb:

Sarah, I see that your order from 12/09/09 was split into two shipments.  The first part was delivered on 12/16/09 at 2.11 pm to your front door.  The second part, which was a lighter, shipped Parcel Post due to hazardous material regulations and can take 10-15 business days to arrive.  I apologize for the long wait but I assure you the lighter will arrive soon.  In fact I will ship you a free lighter for the inconvenience.  Please expect that much sooner as I will drain it of butane before shipping. 

I apologize again for the long wait time on the lighter.  I will refund your shipping cost asap.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Feel free to contact me directly at tblythe at cigar.com.

and this is why we shop here. Nice work!
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    timb:

Hi smcentee. Let me help you. PM sent!

See smcentee, Tim (who works for CIGAR.COM) has amazing customer service skills. Way better than the cigar place who uses an S in their name but is very similar to the great and wonderful CIGAR.COM.

The day before Christmas Eve and CIGAR.COM's employee's are on the forum, chit chating it up with us!! If that's not customer service, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey Tim...I am having a problem too!!! I ordered ten boxes of cigars and none of them got here yet! Could you hook me up with Ten free cases!!! You pick the brands. ;)

Seriously though, I made my first order about two months ago and it arrived two days later...since then the same thing, order and two days later they are on my back step...no complaints about customer service from me...especially if I get those ten cases...!!!

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hell I'll just be blunt and say it.... I could use one of those free lighters.
  • Options

10 cases of White Owl Pineapple Sweet Tips on their way, Bearded!  Sorry for the mix up!

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    timb:

10 cases of White Owl Pineapple Sweet Tips on their way, Bearded!  Sorry for the mix up!

>>>> ME TOO ME TOO Please..

Dedicated CCOM customer for life here. Seasons Greetings to CCOM Staff. Thanks for the great service.

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    WHOS THE MAN....................... Tim is ...................................... Whos the place to buy from ............. CCOM is ................ appearently they must not have explained their situation correctly as myself and just about every other BOTL on this forum has had nothing but top notch service from everyone that we have had interactions with at ccom
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    timb:

LOL! HA!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options

stephen_hannibal:
    Who is this guy and what is he talking about?
    Ccom is freaking great I've only been here a short while but it's been nothing but amazing so far.
    I'm with you Stephen. Ccom is a great company. I think I smell a rat.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hell I'll just be blunt and say it.... I could use one of those free lighters.
    I'm real needy! I can use 2 free lighters! Just 99 cents a day can give this BOTL the sustenance he needs!
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    I had a feeling that if this is legit, ccom staff would be on here fairly quickly and fix everything. Seems that what happened. Great customer service, as always!!