Home Non Cigar Related

Fluff post thread

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    My buddy had the best line of the day, both of our wives are pregnant. I said "somebody should write a book on how to deal with a pregnant woman", he replied "I thought that was the ccom catalog".
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    My buddy had the best line of the day, both of our wives are pregnant. I said "somebody should write a book on how to deal with a pregnant woman", he replied "I thought that was the ccom catalog".
    Haha! Nice.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Just watch "The Exorcist".
    It will prepare you for when she turns on you in the delivery room.
    As her head spins around and she looks at you with the evil look and a demon voice comes out and says, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Heading to taco bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    taythegibs:
    Heading to taco bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting ready for work the other morning & brushing my teeth....walk into the bedroom and look what I found.

That face just says "oh you're still here, I thought you left for work already....can I help you with something?"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Getting ready for work the other morning & brushing my teeth....walk into the bedroom and look what I found.

That face just says "oh you're still here, I thought you left for work already....can I help you with something?"

The photo has me grinning from ear to ear. Only mine are saying "oh come on your not not gonna lay down again..?"
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

The photo has me grinning from ear to ear. Only mine are saying "oh come on your not not gonna lay down again..?"
    She is a smart dog. Too smart. I think she is fed up with the cold weather because the past couple weeks she's been making "burrows" like this on both beds and the couches. She's never really done that before...

I don't mind if she does that during the day but she thinks that's "her spot" on the bed now and has been trying to lay there at night too....that's my side of the bed....so that doesn't fly.
    Wife thinks it's hilarious because she has "so much room on her side" while I'm trying to get the 75 lb dog to move and make some space for me. LOL

jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

She is a smart dog. Too smart. I think she is fed up with the cold weather because the past couple weeks she's been making "burrows" like this on both beds and the couches. She's never really done that before...

I don't mind if she does that during the day but she thinks that's "her spot" on the bed now and has been trying to lay there at night too....that's my side of the bed....so that doesn't fly.
    Wife thinks it's hilarious because she has "so much room on her side" while I'm trying to get the 75 lb dog to move and make some space for me. LOL

We cured 1 dog by getting a "doggie" bed and putting it on the "human" bed. After she got use to it we moved it to the floor and she never noticed she was now sleeping on the floor. One at a time....one at a time....take the small wins and go with it.
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

We cured 1 dog by getting a "doggie" bed and putting it on the "human" bed. After she got use to it we moved it to the floor and she never noticed she was now sleeping on the floor. One at a time....one at a time....take the small wins and go with it.
    Ohh....she has a doggie bed. It's a "deluxe" version too IMO. Serta brand and everything (got a good deal on it at Sam's Club a while ago)
    It's on the first floor, she will lay on it sometimes - especially in warmer weather. And she used to sleep on the "guest bed" at night...but it has been so cold this winter my wife and I have been letting her sleep on the bed (at our feet), because the dog acts as an electric blanket LOL and helps keep us warm so I'm ok with it. But it's just funny she now thinks it's her spot all the time

She has some arthritis, signs of hip displasia and already had TTA (ACL) surgery - so my wife and I are very accommodating with her. We try to let her lay and sleep where she wants because we know that her hip and joints bother her at times. My wife took an old Nikken Magnet mattress pad and made it into a "bed" for the dog too. The dog seems to enjoy laying on that too.

jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

Ohh....she has a doggie bed. It's a "deluxe" version too IMO. Serta brand and everything (got a good deal on it at Sam's Club a while ago)
    It's on the first floor, she will lay on it sometimes - especially in warmer weather. And she used to sleep on the "guest bed" at night...but it has been so cold this winter my wife and I have been letting her sleep on the bed (at our feet), because the dog acts as an electric blanket LOL and helps keep us warm so I'm ok with it. But it's just funny she now thinks it's her spot all the time

She has some arthritis, signs of hip displasia and already had TTA (ACL) surgery - so my wife and I are very accommodating with her. We try to let her lay and sleep where she wants because we know that her hip and joints bother her at times. My wife took an old Nikken Magnet mattress pad and made it into a "bed" for the dog too. The dog seems to enjoy laying on that too.

It makes me feel there is still hope when one of the forum members takes such good care of their 4 footed bed warmers. Do I have your addy..? Have I sent you a flat rate..?
    jd50ae:
    It makes me feel there is still hope when one of the forum members takes such good care of their 4 footed bed warmers. Do I have your addy..? Have I sent you a flat rate..?
    Thanks JD, we try our best. Love our 4-footed bed warmer - she is the "queen" of the house and she knows it, LOL. She is a great "herf buddy" too when the weather is warm - she will sit outside all day with me while I puff away on a cigar.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I feel like when it comes to school, I keep tricking myself in to thinking that tomorrow is the day I'll start.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I feel like when it comes to school, I keep tricking myself in to thinking that tomorrow is the day I'll start.
    Just do it!! You'll do great, it's a pain but worth it!
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Love it. hahaha. noobs these days... no respect!
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    hahaha, I'm game to find out
    not a noob to the forums btw, had 1200 posts under my old username, Boyd, oh wait that was Jiunn . . . . LOL
    this is going to be fun.....
    i do believe this reply is the 20th quote block.
    i hate you all
    damnit im part of the problem
    What a bunch of Fluff Posters.

I would never be part of something like this!
    hahahaha, Kuzi the fluff post thread is like a gateway thread . . . .pretty soon you'll be up all night posting to the word game . . .
    doubt it.
    fluff fluffity fluff fluff fluff

This is insanity. And I know A little on the subject.
    Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!
    And LOL Taylor....sorry about your browser bro, but that makes me think we may be reaching the "quote block threshold" though.
    hahaha, glad this has some staying power.

Is there no end to what should not have been started?
    wow... had to get in on this one...
    I think there is no end to that which can't be finished....
    I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?
    I was a believer in the "quote blocker" myth
    is that the myth that it blocks the madness after X number of quotes?
    I too thought this would be the case.

But, if my counting is right, this is quote level #40....

Why let it die now?
    touche, fellow fluff post enthusiast.
    let's keep the fluff alive!
    Good Morning Borks!
    You guys don't know fluff.

That's fluff.

You think this fluff quote monstrosity would just keel over and die??
    WRONG!

stephen_hannibal, I'll see your famous Falkor the Luckdragon and raise you (1) fluffy Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.
    I like this
    I like that this has been reincarnated.
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Obligatory "that's what she said" comment.
    Hahahahaha
    This is awesome and I want in on it.
    Poop
    I refuse to be a part of this
    Lol good job of that
    WOW!! I should check this thread more often . . . . . hahahahaha The fluff is strong within you all.
    Did you ever imagine your original creation would grow this large?
    +1, :-)
    I still like this.
    There's something kind of pretty a bout this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    My God,what have I done..?
    Necro-worthy

• ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    not a noob to the forums btw, had 1200 posts under my old username, Boyd, oh wait that was Jiunn . . . . LOL
    i hate you all

hahahaha, Kuzi the fluff post thread is like a gateway thread . . . .pretty soon you'll be up all night posting to the word game . . .
    doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!
    And LOL Taylor....sorry about your browser bro, but that makes me think we may be reaching the "quote block threshold" though.

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

stephen_hannibal, I'll see your famous Falkor the Luckdragon and raise you (1) fluffy Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.
    I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    WOW!! I should check this thread more often . . . . . hahahahaha The fluff is strong within you all.
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic
    Chemnitz:
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    i hate you all

doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic

Epic +1
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Chemnitz:
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    i hate you all

doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic

Epic +1
    Epic +2!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    Jetmech_63:
    Chemnitz:
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    i hate you all

doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic

Epic +1
    Epic +2!
    Wow I just saw this...EPIC!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Testing

• ArmyS1GuyArmyS1Guy Posts: 34
    twistedstem:
    MorganGeo:
    Jetmech_63:
    Chemnitz:
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    i hate you all

doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic

Epic +1
    Epic +2!
    Holy quote tree Batman! I post on another unrelated forum where this is a bannable offense. That is all. Carry on.
    ArmyS1Guy:
    twistedstem:
    MorganGeo:
    Jetmech_63:
    Chemnitz:
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    i hate you all

doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic

Epic +1
    Epic +2!
    Holy quote tree Batman! I post on another unrelated forum where this is a bannable offense. That is all. Carry on.
    Yolo
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Putting this here because of how sick of the topic you all are... but my MS in Ocean Engineering was conferred officially so I'm completely done no matter what now, and can officially start my big boy job on Monday!
    No_one21:
    Putting this here because of how sick of the topic you all are... but my MS in Ocean Engineering was conferred officially so I'm completely done no matter what now, and can officially start my big boy job on Monday!
    Awesome!!!!
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    No_one21:
    Awesome!!!!
    Yup! Finally I can switch from building university research sex-bots to government military grade sex-bots!
    bump for anyone who's missed this thread....

it's also a great thread for "COPY & PASTE" news articles....
    for anyone who wants to help "declutter" the NCR section

The Fluff Over Focus Obama Government

Schools are going to get vending machines with healthy foods. Fluff. Obama knows that dealing with obesity is much easier than dealing with a broken educational system. Focus. The first gets a lot of media coverage, the second would mean dealing with the teachers’ union. It would mean getting the same treatment that states, trying to deal with this issue, have gotten. It would mean putting accountability in the educational system. Much too risky and hard.

Energy means climate change to Obama. Fluff. An unproven piece of consensus science that is finally being attacked, putting Al Gore on the defensive. Dealing with the real energy problem means putting together an intelligent strategy that includes drilling, new nuclear plants, fast-tracking all of the things that lead to energy independence and national security. A delusional public is waking up and realizing the cost to the country of the fluff energy approach. Manufacturing moving offshore, jobs lost, high cost energy that the public can’t afford, and another step toward the same ignorance that is destroying the European economy.

Entitlements means promising the public more entitlements when we can’t afford the ones we have. Fluff. Repealing ObamaCare, changing Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Unemployment Insurance is just too risky. Focus.

Immigration reform means telling ICE to ignore Federal laws in exchange for votes. Fluff. Real immigration reform means we address the Federal laws on immigration. When states attempt to do that they are sued by the Federal government. The state laws actually address the problem. Too much focus.

Jobs. We will hear Obama say he wants to extend unemployment benefits, the tax holiday on social security deductions, and other costly efforts by the administration to try to take credit for reduced unemployment, should it ever come. Fluff. If jobs and hiring pick up it will be the private sector that makes that happen. When you listen to business people talk about why they aren’t hiring, it’s a far different story. Uncertainty is the biggest issue. The speech- to- speech economic policy by a president who has attacked business from day one is the reason for that. To get employment going we need to unemploy one person, Barack Obama. Focus.

This fluff and focus comparison could go on ad nauseam. From tax reform to tort reform to campaign reform to ethics reform.

Face it, politics in this country is far too dependent on the TV camera. If fluff gets you 30 seconds on the evening news, fluff it is. If focus gets you skewered on the evening news, then focus it isn’t. Almost no politicians have figured out that getting skewered on an issue the public favors is good. Chris Christie seems to be an exception to that. Maybe he learned from the best, Sheriff Joe.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    The Fluff Over Focus Obama Government

Schools are going to get vending machines with healthy foods. Fluff. Obama knows that dealing with obesity is much easier than dealing with a broken educational system. Focus. The first gets a lot of media coverage, the second would mean dealing with the teachers’ union. It would mean getting the same treatment that states, trying to deal with this issue, have gotten. It would mean putting accountability in the educational system. Much too risky and hard.

Energy means climate change to Obama. Fluff. An unproven piece of consensus science that is finally being attacked, putting Al Gore on the defensive. Dealing with the real energy problem means putting together an intelligent strategy that includes drilling, new nuclear plants, fast-tracking all of the things that lead to energy independence and national security. A delusional public is waking up and realizing the cost to the country of the fluff energy approach. Manufacturing moving offshore, jobs lost, high cost energy that the public can’t afford, and another step toward the same ignorance that is destroying the European economy.

Entitlements means promising the public more entitlements when we can’t afford the ones we have. Fluff. Repealing ObamaCare, changing Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Unemployment Insurance is just too risky. Focus.

Immigration reform means telling ICE to ignore Federal laws in exchange for votes. Fluff. Real immigration reform means we address the Federal laws on immigration. When states attempt to do that they are sued by the Federal government. The state laws actually address the problem. Too much focus.

Jobs. We will hear Obama say he wants to extend unemployment benefits, the tax holiday on social security deductions, and other costly efforts by the administration to try to take credit for reduced unemployment, should it ever come. Fluff. If jobs and hiring pick up it will be the private sector that makes that happen. When you listen to business people talk about why they aren’t hiring, it’s a far different story. Uncertainty is the biggest issue. The speech- to- speech economic policy by a president who has attacked business from day one is the reason for that. To get employment going we need to unemploy one person, Barack Obama. Focus.

This fluff and focus comparison could go on ad nauseam. From tax reform to tort reform to campaign reform to ethics reform.

Face it, politics in this country is far too dependent on the TV camera. If fluff gets you 30 seconds on the evening news, fluff it is. If focus gets you skewered on the evening news, then focus it isn’t. Almost no politicians have figured out that getting skewered on an issue the public favors is good. Chris Christie seems to be an exception to that. Maybe he learned from the best, Sheriff Joe.
    not quite as fluffy as i was expecting.

anyone have a pillow?
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    ArmyS1Guy:
    twistedstem:
    MorganGeo:
    Jetmech_63:
    Chemnitz:
    jgibv:
    cabinetmaker:
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Gray4lines:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bigjohn125:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    RBeckom:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    RBeckom:
    jgibv:
    kuzi16:
    *Petey*:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    Roberto99:
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    *Petey*:
    just
    don't
    you
    judge
    me!!!
    LOL
    Wow
    when does
    the quote blocker
    axe this?
    Hahah
    Good question.
    There's only 1 way
    R to find out.
    i hate you all

doubt it.

Post #398
    400!!! WOOOO
    Congrats on 400!!!!!

I feel somehow cheated
    Why do you feel cheated?
    Too much fluff?

Why let it die now?
    Good Morning Borks!

That's fluff.

WRONG!

I like this
    Thanks, gray.
    Man this is long!!
    Hahahahaha
    Poop
    Lol good job of that
    I still like this.
    Almost mesmerizing
    Necro-worthy
    Epic

Epic +1
    Epic +2!
    Yolo
    Just read this thread to my soft, fluffy kitty cat. He got a hairball halfway through.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon