Home Ratings & Reviews

camacho diploma

jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
These cigars were very popular a couple years ago, I cant seem to find them anymore, have they changed name? I am looking for the natural cigar that had a simple band that said "diploma" on it, nothing more. The closest by name I can find is the corojo ltd diploma size, I cant remember if diploma was simply the size or not. some one have any info on these cigars? Couple freinds and I smoked these the other night, OH MY GOODNESS have they aged well!!!!!!!! these were from 2005, I had managed not to smoke 5 out of the 18 I bought years ago. Good Lord, I wish I had another 10 boxes, these things were fantastic!

Comments

• CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    jihiggs:
    These cigars were very popular a couple years ago, I cant seem to find them anymore, have they changed name? I am looking for the natural cigar that had a simple band that said "diploma" on it, nothing more. The closest by name I can find is the corojo ltd diploma size, I cant remember if diploma was simply the size or not. some one have any info on these cigars? Couple freinds and I smoked these the other night, OH MY GOODNESS have they aged well!!!!!!!! these were from 2005, I had managed not to smoke 5 out of the 18 I bought years ago. Good Lord, I wish I had another 10 boxes, these things were fantastic!
    That is it. The Corojo Limited. Do you remeber the El Cobre too? Man, those two cigars bring back some memories!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Capt:
    jihiggs:
    That is it. The Corojo Limited. Do you remeber the El Cobre too? Man, those two cigars bring back some memories!
    Camacho changed their packaging a year or so ago. they dont have a s simple of bands anymore. but thats the cigar you are looing for. ....

the El Cobre.... mmmmmm one of my all time favorites. i still got a few in my humidor. I would love to find some more of those.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I have 2.5 boxes of el cobre in my humidor :) I bought one when they came out, then cigar.com wanted to get rid of their stock of them for some reason, and I picked up a couple I think for 40 bucks a box. Talk about a FANTASTIC deal!
    jihiggs:
    I have 2.5 boxes of el cobre in my humidor :)
    i wish i woulda picked one of them up at the time. those are great cigars.
    Damn Higgs, I didn't know they were closing them out at the time. I'd have picked up a few boxes. I have a few of the original release, back when they were bandless. I wonder how they are smoking now?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Are you guys talking about the El Cobre by Oliva? And if so, what was it about that cigar that brings such fond memories? Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but it appears this was somewhere before I picked up cigar smoking.
    yeah, it was just a very strong short run cigar that was very flavorful. its one of my all time favorite cigars. I have two left.
  • I went to a B&M the other day about an hour from my house and they still had a few boxes of Diploma's left. No telling how old they are, I had just bought a bunch of Oliva V's or I would've picked up a few. They also had several Oliva's MBII's. I need to go back next week if possible and load up on both of them.
    The Diploma is still in production. What did the band look like? If it was about 1/8 inch high, brown and only said Diploma, those may have some age. They recently changed the band on them to a bigger fancier look.
    im not sure they even say diploma on the band anymore, just on the box.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've got one of the old style Diplomas I received from my first pif, One of these days I may smoke it.
  • Capt:
    The Diploma is still in production. What did the band look like? If it was about 1/8 inch high, brown and only said Diploma, those may have some age. They recently changed the band on them to a bigger fancier look.

The Diploma's i was talking about getting are the old style, simple band with just diploma. I can't remember what they were asking for them, but I don't think it was very expensive. If I recall correctly they had over 3/4 of a box left in one, maybe 1/2 in another, looked like a robusto and toro size IIRC. My memory is horrible though so who knows. But it definitely was the old band.