Home Non Cigar Related

Sushi and Sashimi?

Any Fans? Big on Toro and Uni Myself.

Comments

• Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I really like sushi, I wouldn't trust much sashimi that is available here in N. Louisiana. Without stereotyping, ok well yeah I am stereotyping...most of the sushi "chefs" in my area have body piercings and look like they all have a weekend band that is trying to make it. I'm going to try some sashimi next time i go to Baton Rouge though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    huge fan here.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd like sushi and sashimi more if I could get a decent bit around here. I don't trust the one shop, I refuse to go to another because the guy is a rude ass, and the third one...well, I've just never been there but have heard good things. One of these days....
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I live in a wealthy predominantly-white suburb...in other words, our town is filled with sushi places lol... Love it!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    love the stuff. just had some on sunday night.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Not a fan...i've tried lots of sushi and it's so incredibly overrated. It's ok, I guess, if you're looking for something healthy to eat. Not particularly tasty. Gimme a steak any day.
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    sushi and sashimi are one of my favorite foods.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Luko:
    Not a fan...i've tried lots of sushi and it's so incredibly overrated. It's ok, I guess, if you're looking for something healthy to eat. Not particularly tasty. Gimme a steak any day.

I'll be having a steak with Luko hahaha ...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys who don't like sushi have you ever tried it cooked? My wife and kids love it and we would eat it everyday if we could. I like all sorts but my wife won't eat fish raw so we starting hitting all the cooked stuff and it is just as great.

Steak is awesome too!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    No never tried it that way ...interesting ...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Had a friend trained in Japan at making Sushi/sashimi. He actually made me something once that was still twitching as I ate it. I could taste it's fear... Tasted like chicken. lmao....I crack me up..
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone who looks at raw fish as bait, can someone 'splain the difference to me? Thanks.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Just had sushi/sashimi this past weekend...
    but I could seriously eat it EVERYDAY! yummmy
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Big fan here ...... i used to have a bumper sticker that said "Sushi" ... "still your best bet for intestinal parasites" ..................... i love stereotypes
  • There is a an awesome sushi bar and grill not to far from where I live. Kaizen in Sturbridge MA. I Highly Suggest it. Check it out. http://kaizen479.com/ Really great entrees here as well and full bar.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Cooper, where do like to go for sushi in Baton Rouge? I'm a big fan of Hello Sushi, I've not had any of their sashimi but I would trust it. Some of their rolls are great. They have a location on Highland Rd. and one by LSU on Burbank, both are equally good. I prefer Burbank, my girlfriend prefers Highland. My girlfriend's mom likes Sushiyama on Perkins and Essen. Consider Tsunami for a romantic sushi dinner. It's downtown on the top floor of a building that I can't recall right now. The food is mediocre and you wind up overpaying for the location, but it is a nice date place.

I've eating at Hello Sushi and Sushiyama within the last two weeks. Both good, but I pick Hello Sushi as my fav.

Yes, I'm a Canadian who knows too much about Baton Rouge!
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Shaun I'm going to try Hello Sushi on your suggestion. I'm thinking my favorite in Baton Rouge is Kyoto's or Ichiban, I'd really have to see the building. One I like a lot, the other is pretty meh. I agree with you on Tsunami's.

Also is i'm not mistaken as an answer to earlier posts..at least in the U.S. if it's Sushi on a menu you can consider it to be cooked, unless it's like crab meat/tuna. It's Sashimi that is raw and what most people picture when they think Sushi.