Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Screw this cold. How's Dallas

So I'm starting say screw Nebraska and this cold winter ****. Tomorrow lookin at a high of negative 7, Anchorage Alaska will be warmer than us, and we have 3 feet of snow on the ground. I grew up here so I should be used to it. Well it was cool back in middle school. Now I'm saying screw it all to hell and wanting to move in the next few years. Dallas is on my list, well one of its suburbs. For those who live in the surrounding area can you tell me what the summers are like, Normal temps, is it humid or dry heat. Winter temps. Housing prices. No offense Texans but are the people D-bags like most of the people I have met from Texas. Well they seem to be when you get them out of Texas, because we're just jealous we're not from Texas and thats why we don't like them. Lol. Anyway how is it, and what is a good suburb to live in?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thewelder:
    So I'm starting say screw Nebraska and this cold winter ****. Tomorrow lookin at a high of negative 7, Anchorage Alaska will be warmer than us, and we have 3 feet of snow on the ground. I grew up here so I should be used to it. Well it was cool back in middle school. Now I'm saying screw it all to hell and wanting to move in the next few years. Dallas is on my list, well one of its suburbs. For those who live in the surrounding area can you tell me what the summers are like, Normal temps, is it humid or dry heat. Winter temps. Housing prices. No offense Texans but are the people D-bags like most of the people I have met from Texas. Well they seem to be when you get them out of Texas, because we're just jealous we're not from Texas and thats why we don't like them. Lol. Anyway how is it, and what is a good suburb to live in?
    Well I actually live in the city limits of Dallas, but in FAR north Dallas which is a totally different world. The northern part of the Dallas area is probably where you would want to be. Plano is a great suburb, Allen is ideal though. Nice area with great houses and it has the lowest crime rate in the state. Also Frisco is a little more pricey, but it is a beautiful place to live. Richardson has it's good and bad parts, same with Lewisville... If you ever come to the area to look around let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I've lived in Texas all my life but have only lived in Dallas for close to 2 years. It really is a great place to live. In the winter we do get some cold weather, but I have played golf in a t-shirt in Dec. many time. Right now it's about 4:20pm and it's 29 degrees and supposed to drop to around 13 overnight. It's the coldest weather we have had in about 15 years. In the summers in stays in the upper 90's and goes in the triple digits pretty often and sometimes gets pretty humid to, but it doesn't bother me all that bad usually. The people here are very friendly and we have a ton of good cigar shops.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Puro thanks very much. I had just picked Denton randomly on the map and by looking at the prices of houses its the same as Nebraska. I wouldn't be moving for a few years but its never to early to start looking. I'll have to check out Plano though. Also what do you mean by its a different world?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thewelder:
    Puro thanks very much. I had just picked Denton randomly on the map and by looking at the prices of houses its the same as Nebraska. I wouldn't be moving for a few years but its never to early to start looking. I'll have to check out Plano though. Also what do you mean by its a different world?
    Far North Dallas where I am has huge beautiful homes and lots of nice apartment complexes. It is surrounded by Plano and Carrollton which are nicer areas. It's not like living down in Dallas. It's more like living in a suburb, except you have to rely on Dallas PD if you ever need anything and they are a great department, but are spread a little thin. I'd rather live in Plano or Allen personally. You can go to Dallasnews.com and check out real estate in the classified ads there.

P.S. If you are anywhere in the Northern part of the DFW area you are close to an AWESOME B&M right here by where I live. They have great events there. I've met Don Pepin, Pete Johnson, Jesus Fuego, Rocky Patel, Nick Perdomo, and Johnathan Drew.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Arlington is pretty awesome. Summers you will regret. If you are hot natured like me, the Dallas area is freaking hot from about May to October. Of course I'm mainly in North Louisiana, the heat is slightly more bearable in Dallas, as generally slightly less humid I believe. January, February and March are really the only cold months, April is a very nice month :)
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Funny! I was just asking a friend of mine who lives in Dallas this same thing who recommended looking on frontdoor.com... But more because I'm sick of them interrupting my regular scheduled programming to talk about the f*cking Deadskins here in DC!!! lol Good info from Puro... gonna check out that DallasNews.com too! Hope to hit up a game or two in the new stadium next year... maybe even SuperBowl!!!