Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

10 pack: Pepin JJ Maduro, Perdomo ESV, Torano 1916, 5 Vegas Miami

Hey guys, will trade or sell for $40 shipped.

As far as trade I'm not looking for anything specific, let me know what you have.  Would prefer to sell to make room. 

(2) Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro Belicoso
(2) 5 Vegas Miami Torpedo
(2) 5 Vegas Miami M5
(2) Perdomo ESV Regente
(2) Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto

PM if interested.

TJ

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    That's an intriguing offer..... What kind of wrapper on the Perdomo?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options

connecticut

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, bro. I really want to, but I just dished out $40 this morning on 10. I wont have any room in my humi....... I'm working on acquiring a new humi this week. If it all works out and I have more room, I'll hit you up again. Good luck.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    No problem, man.   Thanks.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Teebone, I have a question..

Do you ever plan on participating in the forums in a non-profiteering way? In the 1 1/2 months you've been a part of the forum, the only posts you have are ones trying to sell or trade out sticks. The forum may correct me if I'm mistaken, but I've been of the impression that, out of respect for Cigar.com, directly selling sticks on the forums is generally discouraged. Trades, of course, are a different matter, and are readily common - I cannot recall any of your posts, however, that do not contain the offer to sell. I'm not saying that you are offering up anything bad, or are trying to take advantage of forum members - I simply believe that you may be utilizing an inappropriate venue.

Understand that this is only my opinion, with no authority over what you do or don't do, and am but one member of the thousands that frequent these forums. If my opinion is not shared by the forum, feel free to disregard my comments.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options

Hays:
    Teebone, I have a question..

Do you ever plan on participating in the forums in a non-profiteering way? In the 1 1/2 months you've been a part of the forum, the only posts you have are ones trying to sell or trade out sticks. The forum may correct me if I'm mistaken, but I've been of the impression that, out of respect for Cigar.com, directly selling sticks on the forums is generally discouraged. Trades, of course, are a different matter, and are readily common - I cannot recall any of your posts, however, that do not contain the offer to sell. I'm not saying that you are offering up anything bad, or are trying to take advantage of forum members - I simply believe that you may be utilizing an inappropriate venue.

Understand that this is only my opinion, with no authority over what you do or don't do, and am but one member of the thousands that frequent these forums. If my opinion is not shared by the forum, feel free to disregard my comments.

Hays, I respect your thoughts and opinions on  this, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here.  I do recall that you acutually responded to my first trade proposal about the RP 90's.   And that was for a trade, not a sale.  Also there have been other posts as well that were for trades, not sales.  I have made a couple trades on here that worked out great for both sides.  I did not know that selling was discouraged and if it is I will stop.  I also didn;t know it was a rule I had to participate in a certain # of posts or at a certain frequency in order to post here.  All I'm doing is trying to trade or sell cigars that are mostly an overflow from buying too many in the beginning.  Not sure what I am really doing wrong here.  If is simply trying to sell some sticks and that is frowned upon then just say it and I will not offer a sale again.  If it's because all I post about is trade or sale and not other stuff then I'm not sure what is wrong with that.  I thought that's what part of this forum is for.   Again, not sure what is wrong with that.  I have made a couple trades that have worked out great with the other people.   Is is really bothering you that much that I don;t participate in a ton of other topics and posts?  I respect your opinion on this but not sure if it makes a ton of sense to me.   Also to say I profit is ridiculous.  When I sell some cigars trust me I sell them for a lot less than I paid.   I trade and/or sell for one reason:  because I have a major overflow from buying too many in the beginning. 

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    mmmm.... Guess I'll comment on this one. I don't think it's any different than doing a box split. Right now, I'm hosting a box split on Reposada's and 3 other members are paying me money for 10 cigars each. I don't think it's inappropriate to offer a trade or purchase.

That being said, I think that if someone didn't do anything but constantly offer nothing but a "sell" then that's inappropriate and stepping on the toes of cigar.com.
  • Options

clearlysuspect:
    mmmm.... Guess I'll comment on this one. I don't think it's any different than doing a box split. Right now, I'm hosting a box split on Reposada's and 3 other members are paying me money for 10 cigars each. I don't think it's inappropriate to offer a trade or purchase.

That being said, I think that if someone didn't do anything but constantly offer nothing but a "sell" then that's inappropriate and stepping on the toes of cigar.com.

Totall agree with your post, clearlysuspect.   I do offer both sales and trades, and this specific one I offered a trade or a sale.   Ofcourse I prefer a sale if I am in a major overflow.  But I offered either here and have before. 

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Teebone (and Suspect).... Like I said, this was only my opinion. I dO see a difference between a box split and directly selling sticks from your humi, but that's just me. In regards to your posts only being about trades - all I meant about this is to encourage, and hope, that you would contribute your experience and opinions elsewhere in the forums, so as to benefit the group. If you don't wish to do so, then yes, that's your prerogative. As I mentioned in my 1st post, I don't set the rules here, nor am I responsible for enforcing them. In truth, I am just concerned that regular selling (not just from you, but anyone else as well) may irritate the Ccom staff so as to shut down the trading section of the forum. Admittedly, I don't have any concrete basis for this concern, but it has just come to mind.

Overall, I do think you're a plenty stand-up guy, and obviously have a successful reputation with your transactions. Do what you will my friend, and please take my comments lightly.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options

Hays...fair enough, man.  We're cool.  And I can understand your overall concern.   I honestly just have a major overflow from buying too much in the beginning (only been smoking cigars a few months) and also from x-mas.   I still need to get rid of about 10-20 sticks just to not have an overflow.   Way too many purchases the first couple week of smoking.   It was fun buying them all,  though.  A lot of fun.   

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Nice to see a potential conflict resolved in an adult manner. Nice going guys. Too many times forums such as this are full of hot headed teenaged thinking adults (so called) who think everything is an offense to their manhood and resort to name calling. Good job.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    You know Hays ...... this is why NOBODY LIKES YOU ........... lol ...... except for me and thats only cause your an ash-hole ...... lol
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    You know Hays ...... this is why NOBODY LIKES YOU ........... lol ...... except for me and thats only cause your an ash-hole ...... lol
    Man! Only the brittish can insult more politely than that!