Home Non Cigar Related

History Buffs?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Anyone watch History channel? Maybe some do, but anyway saw a great program called Earth 2100 tonight. If you get a chance take a look, sheds some interesting ideas and what could happen.

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Actually I thought that particular show was pretty poor. Different strokes.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Not sure if I saw this particular one, but something like it on the History channel about a year ago that was interesting... if you liked that you maybe interested in reading "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman. Very thought provoking read. Well now I'm curious, so gonna go check out the History Channel!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Anyone watch History channel? Maybe some do, but anyway saw a great program called Earth 2100 tonight. If you get a chance take a look, sheds some interesting ideas and what could happen.
    The History Channel with shows about years still to come... trippy! hahaha

I have recently been very interested in history. I think I will have to seek this program out...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    There was a good one on the myans the other night too.
  • Shouldnt this thread be called Future Buff? lol
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    Shouldnt this thread be called Future Buff? lol
    HAHA no joke
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.... I have noticed that the History Channel has been covering an aweful lot of the future lately. Lots of apocolyptic/Myan/Nostrodamus shows. What's up with that? Show me something about some Ancient Egyptian pharoahs or something. There's a million things in history they could talk about and they're talking about the future. LOL
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I've noticed they've been trying to sell a lotta global warming, and humans are ruining the earth crapola lately. I've all but stopped watching them, they've gotten so "this is then end of the world" and all I just cannot stomach them anymore. I used to watch the HC daily for at least a couple hours a night, but they've just turned to putting out pure crap.
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Thank you Cabinet...

I was a total lacky for that channel watching it all the freaking time until they started to push an agenda, and an agenda that wasn't even scientificially proven correct or accurate. So classless in my opinion, and they lost a regular viewer for their effort. Thanks for pointing it out Cabinet!