Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I'm sad

Peyton Manning won his 4th MVP award. This hurts because it not only breaks his tie with the best quarterback ever, who I also think should have won the award this year. Oh well I can't argue he didn't deserve it this year, he is great even if he's a system QB with the personality of a robot.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is all that makes you sad consider yourself lucky my man ;) I have met Peyton Manning in person when I worked for the Kansas City Chiefs and he is one heck of a nice guy and down to earth. I didn't follow him to much this year so I don't have much of an opinion. Who do you think should have won it?
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    The brett favre
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    The brett favre
    "The Brett Favre"?... Now, I don't know much about football, I will readily admit, but every time I hear about this guy he seems a little primadonna ish... Not that this has anything to do with his playing - I know he's an amazing player. Just my (completely irrelevant) .02 lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Et tu Hays
  • Options
    My KC Chiefs suck and I don't follow other teams. I do like Favre though and glad he is having an awesome year.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    Et tu Hays
    And me what?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    Peyton Manning won his 4th MVP award. This hurts because it not only breaks his tie with the best quarterback ever, who I also think should have won the award this year. Oh well I can't argue he didn't deserve it this year, he is great even if he's a system QB with the personality of a robot.
    You think Dan Marino should have gotten an MVP award this year? The dude was the best, but I don't think he deserves it this year. I mean, he didn't even play this year, he retired (actually retired, i.e. stayed retired) a while back.....
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I feel that a lot of people think that Brett Favre should have won it because this season with the Vikings has arguably been his best season of his pro career, but to say that he should get the MVP award over Peyton Manning, I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm sick of that guy winning it, and I love Brett Favre as a player more than anybody else, but.... it is what it is.

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hays:
    Cooper33:
    The brett favre
    "The Brett Favre"?... Now, I don't know much about football, I will readily admit, but every time I hear about this guy he seems a little primadonna ish... Not that this has anything to do with his playing - I know he's an amazing player. Just my (completely irrelevant) .02 lol
    I think a lot of the recent Favre media coverage this season has been because of his 15th "unretirement" and the fact that he is playing for the unspeakable Vikings (only unspeakable if you are a Packers fan really...). He and the coach had some words recently that got him in the news as well but I feel he was justified.

As far as who wins the MVP and for what reason... Peyton Manning is the best QB to ever play the game, hands down, THE BEST. I wouldn't care if Peyton was commenting on the game from the press box, or if he was sitting at home with his iphone in hand watching the game and "tweeting" about it. As long as he is still somehow involved with the game of football he is the MVP...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Favre fell apart at the end of the year! Manning took his team undefeated until the coach sat him down, while having a great year. pretty much end of the story. What is a joke about the MVP is that only 4 players got votes and they were all QB's.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Farve at LEAST gets a concussion next week, preferrably one that makes him forget to come back to play football and stop being the most self centered pr!ck in the NFL.....BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, Peyton a SYSTEM QB?!!??!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! I cant stand the guy, but even for me to say that would be blasphemous. Coop, you have lost your mind :)
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Cooper33:
    You think Dan Marino should have gotten an MVP award this year? The dude was the best, but I don't think he deserves it this year. I mean, he didn't even play this year, he retired (actually retired, i.e. stayed retired) a while back.....
    Hah hah ok that was funny :)
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Favre fell apart at the end of the year! Manning took his team undefeated until the coach sat him down, while having a great year. pretty much end of the story. What is a joke about the MVP is that only 4 players got votes and they were all QB's.
    Favre did NOT fall apart at the end of the year, his O-Line did. If you take away one bone head throw, I don't think Favre played bad at all. If Peyton had the same in his face pressure Favre has had over the past month, then peyton would have the stats of jay cutler. This is not a knock on Peyton, it would happen to any QB.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I hope Farve at LEAST gets a concussion next week, preferrably one that makes him forget to come back to play football and stop being the most self centered pr!ck in the NFL.....BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, Peyton a SYSTEM QB?!!??!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! I cant stand the guy, but even for me to say that would be blasphemous. Coop, you have lost your mind :)
    Bah Vulchor. Is Favre self centered? Sure. At least he's always up front about what's on his mind. His openness is part of his charm :P. I still hold Peyton can thank his offensive system for most of his stats year in and year out. I think where he really shines is that he probably knows the game of football better than most coaches, but I don't think he's the most athletically gifted. I will admit to being impressed with how well he's done with the young receivers this year. But he's had three coaches so far in his career, and I'm not sure Caldwell should even count because he didnt change anything...so my point is he's been pretty much in the same system his whole career :P.

It's a pretty weak argument on my part and probably completely wrong, but I'd like to see what he would do if he went to a whole new system like Favre did with the Jets. Which btw he was doing freaking awesome till he got hurt.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Bah Vulchor. Is Favre self centered? Sure. At least he's always up front about what's on his mind. His openness is part of his charm :P. I still hold Peyton can thank his offensive system for most of his stats year in and year out. I think where he really shines is that he probably knows the game of football better than most coaches, but I don't think he's the most athletically gifted. I will admit to being impressed with how well he's done with the young receivers this year. But he's had three coaches so far in his career, and I'm not sure Caldwell should even count because he didnt change anything...so my point is he's been pretty much in the same system his whole career :P.

It's a pretty weak argument on my part and probably completely wrong, but I'd like to see what he would do if he went to a whole new system like Favre did with the Jets. Which btw he was doing freaking awesome till he got hurt.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like to relish into the fact that my local bar has had Favre in their establishment (when he first was drafted) and his picture has been lit up all these years...

NOW the light bulb has been unscrewed and there is spit marks all over the wall on it... God I love Wisconsin
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    I like to relish into the fact that my local bar has had Favre in their establishment (when he first was drafted) and his picture has been lit up all these years...

NOW the light bulb has been unscrewed and there is spit marks all over the wall on it... God I love Wisconsin
    DERAIL ALERT! Lasabar have you ever been to House on the Rock? I want to visit again and The Dells. Good times!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Lasabar:

DERAIL ALERT! Lasabar have you ever been to House on the Rock? I want to visit again and The Dells. Good times!
    I've drove past it, but never been, my mom has... so kinda like I have been there... heard it's cool!